Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 EXT, 2006 EXT, 2009 EXT, 2013 EXT, End of the Line
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a WAAG Front Runner on my 09 EXT. WAAG says they have them for the 07-08s but are not sure they will use the same mounting points.
Rather than fab new brackets for the one off of my 06 I was hoping some one would know if the 07-09s are identical. Many Thanks in advance.
Joe

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV AWD
248 Posts
Not surprised there's no response...no offense, but that look is more for a Avalanche than an Escalade. But I can appreciate wanting/needing one in LI/NY, anything to increase the barrier of protection from your not so friendly neighborhood non-parking morons...

I'm thinking (but wouldn't know for sure, maybe a tech could weigh in) that the only problem might be if the Escalade is a Platinum, which has an entirely different fascia/headlights/etc. The frame is of course the same, just the openings on the fascia might be different.

You could ask WAAG (or whatever vendor you choose to buy it from) to waive their restocking fee on a return in return for you providing accurate fit information. That would be a win-win situation, and if it doesn't fit, as long as it doesn't get chewed up in the process you should get a full refund, but that's one of those situations where you should ask first. If you don't and try to return it and tell them it doesn't fit and that you have an '09, you'll likely be out of luck. Normally I'm all about asking forgiveness instead of begging permission, but not if it's gonna co$t me!

·
Registered
2003 EXT, 2006 EXT, 2009 EXT, 2013 EXT, End of the Line
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know about it being an odd request. This is my third EXT and all three have been used as trucks, from towing a trailer with quads through the mud and woods to being a push vehicle for track cars. I have had the WAAG on my other EXTs because it is a great place to hold 4 6" Halogen driving lights. I just like the looks of the Front Runner although it may not look as good on the newer body style without the flared wells, etc. I think I am going to order the mounting brackets from WAAG and first try my old one and if need be order a new one for the Avalanche. I just have to make sure it does not block the driving lights and turn signals. Thanks for your suggestions. They are appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts