Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI - I purchased an aftermarket-HID kit from Xenon King in January. They offer a one-year warranty but require you to send back the defective parts before they replace them. If you have done or are considering this upgrade you know that you have to remove the bumper to access the lights and it is unrealistic request by them. Anyway, be warned; if you're considering this upgrade steer clear of this vendor.

·
Registered
Cadillac 2003 CTS
74 Posts
I got my kit from vvme.com I'm not sure of their policy on returns, but I was happy with the quality of the kit. I'm going out there to check on their policy.

·
Registered
2003 CTS
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Xenon King Quality was fine until the bulb burned out 4 months after I installed it and they wanted to put my car out of commission for a week waiting for them to ship me new parts. They suggested I purchase an entirely new kit for $500 ($375 in January) to solve the problem. I'm not sure what other's return policies are but it's something to consider when making this purchase.

PS - I also called Phillips directly and they told me the kit I purchased was being sold illegally even though the company uses the Phillips Logo and states that it has a 1-year warranty. Bad Business, look out.

·
Registered
03 CTS
1,353 Posts
FYI - ...They offer a one-year warranty but require you to send back the defective parts before they replace them...
Really not an unreasonable request...How do you expect them to validate that the part you claim is defective really is, take your word for it?? No business would do that.

Far as the Phillips thing goes every aftermarket HID kit is technically illegal. Thats why they all sell them stating "for show use only"... Hid lighting systems are NOT meant to be retro fitted to halogen housings as they aren't designed to handle the light output of HID's properly. Same goes for the companies selling McCulloch HID kits, that department with in the McCulloch company was dissolved years ago yet we still see those kits for sale all over the place.

check it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVuSSdZNsZw

·
Registered
2003 CTS
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I asked them to send me a new ballast and a bulb take my credit card and told them I would return the part I didn't need. I suggested they charge my credit card if I failed to return the unused part. I thought that was more than reasonalble considering you have to take the whole front end apart to access the headlights. If you want to order from them be my guest, but I'm warning you they are not reasonalble to deal with if you have a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts