Cadillac Owners Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
I found the same thing happening. When i first go my car i wanted to try the full synthetic oil. In a few weeks of driving the "check oil" message came on and the oil was low, which really bothered me. I checked and the car was not smoking and was not leaking on the ground. I figured that maybe the full synthetic may be better resisting breakdown but it seamed to be a "thinner" oil. I then switched to vavoline high milage 10w-30 non-synthetic with .5 qt of STP oil treatment which seamed to reduce the consumption and just recently tried Quaker state high milage with oil treatment additive and that seems to work even better. This may not be the answer but it make me feel better that the oil is not disappearing as fast.

********* said:
gotta say that kcnewell is pretty good with the cut and paste buttons. All of his "long posts" above were pirated from my posts on another forum. Plagarism is common on the internet and I certainly don't mind people spreading good information around but it is nice to give credit to the original poster.

More than nice, Bbob! Peer review expects, requires, demands footnotes.

Glad to see you (finally) challenge this abuse of the concept of personal integrity.

JimD said:
More than nice, Bbob! Peer review expects, requires, demands footnotes.

Glad to see you (finally) challenge this abuse of the concept of personal integrity.
As I said, I am more concerned that the correct info gets out as far as possible so I don't mind in a way...but...that particular individual must have cut and pasted everything I put on the caddyinfo forum over the past year and copies it here as if it were his....and he doesn't even change a single word!! This is the third time I have seen him posting an "authoratative post" on some subject using verbatim material that I wrote. At least paraphrase or change a word or two....LOL

Well, I'm a subscribing member from that "other forum" and I must say kcnewell, that you have achieved plagarism in it's most effort free form. Not the first time either...At least you chose one of the best possible sources of quality facts and information to pilfer from.."bill *********" Keep up the good work, eh?

RAD said:
Well, I'm a subscribing member from that "other forum" and I must say kcnewell, that you have achieved plagarism in it's most effort free form. Not the first time either...At least you chose one of the best possible sources of quality facts and information to pilfer from.."bill *********" Keep up the good work, eh?
I have nothing against you Bob, or you Rad. KC isn't here and I don't want to talk for him, I'm sure he will do that in the future. Way back when I first read KC'c post, I never thought it was HE who wrote it, and I thought he implied this, for example, in KC's number 9 post, he states: "the following wandering thoughts WERE PUT DOWN in answer to the ongoing oil consumption discussion, and I thought it might be good to get additional mileage out of it HERE...." If I (Ralph) wanted to take credit for you post Bob, I would say "Here's what I think...." or "These are my thoughts on oil consumption...." I have done enough Universtiy reports to know that he could have cited your exact name Bob, but I don't think it was ever implied that KC actually wrote those himself. (I never got that impression) Correct, KC could or should have mentioned where he got the info from, but I repeat, I PERSONALLY NEVER AT THE TIME, GOT THE IMPRESSION THAT KC HIMSELF TOOK CREDIT FOR YOUR POSTS, OR WROTE THEM HIMSELF. You are correct, plagerism is wrong, but in this case, there may be grey areas. Yes Bob, keep up the good work, you are a great guy, very helpful and knowledgable, and we need you around here! :)

********* said:
As I said, I am more concerned that the correct info gets out as far as possible so I don't mind in a way...but...that particular individual must have cut and pasted everything I put on the caddyinfo forum over the past year and copies it here as if it were his....and he doesn't even change a single word!! This is the third time I have seen him posting an "authoratative post" on some subject using verbatim material that I wrote. At least paraphrase or change a word or two....LOL
In my opinon it just plain sucks. he, she could learn something from it and then post there own version. If they are cut and paste happy at least give credit to the person who took the time and effort to write it.

********* deserves the credit for his post. To cut and paste and not give credit is just wrong. I know from reading post from here for a while that bboynski really knows the cadillacs better than most and I trust his information. He gives detail information and it doesn't seem at least in my humble opinion that he is just letting it fly out his -ss as some seem to do.

PhantomCadillac said:
********* deserves the credit for his post. To cut and paste and not give credit is just wrong. I know from reading post from here for a while that bboynski really knows the cadillacs better than most and I trust his information. He gives detail information and it doesn't seem at least in my humble opinion that he is just letting it fly out his -ss as some seem to do.
Absolutely! I respect and look up to Bob very much, as he is probably is THE most knowlegable individual on these subjects! :worship: If I develop a problem with my car, I will hope he can help me also! I also think it's been mentioned several times that they were originally Bob's posts, and no one is challenging that fact. Yes, KC should have cited the source, and perhaps, even WHERE he got the info from. I honestly don't think that KC was "trying" to take credit for anothers post, he just didn't give reference properly to Bob. :)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.