Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just graduate college (May) and started a new job. I'm earning pretty good money for a 21 year old and I have my sights on a new car. I currently have a 2002 Escalade and when I get the next one my family is going to use it as the extra car so I'll have it when I need it. I'd like something RWD and V8. I like the V a lot, but I have little experience with a manual transmission. I'd be looking used and wouldn't want to spend more than 30k. What would you guys do? Any suggestions or comments? Also, do you think used Vs will be in the low 30s in August/September of this year?

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
My advice would be to go and test drive the car, that should answer your first question. As to the second question I would think there's a fair chance you should be about to find one for about 30K used.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V Mallett
93 Posts
At your age, I'd personally get a sports car. You still have the Escalade if you needed the room. You would be able to get a very nice C5 Z06 for that price.

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At your age, I'd personally get a sports car. You still have the Escalade if you needed the room. You would be able to get a very nice C5 Z06 for that price.
Corvette's do nothing for me.

This is a joke, right?
Is you asking if this is a joke a joke?

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
rofl that'd be nice...
i remember seeing a thread in here a guy that was willling to pay for others to find him a car? hah i shoulda jumped onthat one!

quick T/J
why are so many people here & not at the fireworks??? (except that canadians :bigroll: .... we got rained out over here so gota turn to channel 4 & watch the Macys fireworks)

·
Registered
25,514 Posts
why are so many people here & not at the fireworks??? (except that canadians :bigroll: .... we got rained out over here so gota turn to channel 4 & watch the Macys fireworks)
A lot of our local events were cancelled due to rain as well.

Also spent several months in Beruit and the local fireworks show is kinda dull. ;)

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
haha well hats off :patriot:
guess i'm in good company :)

·
Registered
25,514 Posts
I remember reading about Beriut being the "Garden City" of the middle east.

Sure didn't take long to turn it into dangerous, sandy compost.
When I was in the Nav, I spoke with Chiefs who said it used to be one of the best and prettiest port visits in the Med, before the civil war. When I was there(83-84) it was a major combat zone.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
I remember reading about Beriut being the "Garden City" of the middle east.

Sure didn't take long to turn it into dangerous, sandy compost.

...new jersey...

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
I think fireworks are a waste of money, and most people dont understand their true meaning to boot...

Back on topic; you will love the V so much, that if you buy it as a toy like I did, likely, it is going to rapidly evolve into a daily driver like it is for me! I havent driven my Maxima in almost 2 weeks. And I am thinking of selling it to buy a set of snow tires/wheels for the V.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts