Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SEARCHED: Before posting, I already searched "Import phone contacts" and looked through 3 pages of this board and found nothing.

I just got the 2013 ATS 2.0T Standard w/o CUE. This is truly a remarkable car for the money and I hope GM sells a lot of them.

BACKGROUND: I cannot find (at least in Chapter 7 of the Owner's Manual or anywhere in the Quick Start Guide) a means to access my wireless phone contacts by voice after the phone has been Bluetooth sync'd? Currently, if I say "Dial Access" where "Access" is an entry in my phone book, the system is confused. It seems I have to go through the additional cumbersome step of creating a voice recognized nametag for each and every one of my many contacts. After coming out of my 2010 Audi A5 2.0T, I'm used to Audi's excellent MMI being able to access (after Bluetooth sync) the phone contacts directly by voice in the phone without any additional step.

QUESTION: Is there something I can do to access my contacts by Bluetooth - voice commands without manually creating nametags?

Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
ATS Premium 3.6 AWD
235 Posts
staged said:
SEARCHED: Before posting, I already searched "Import phone contacts" and looked through 3 pages of this board and found nothing.

I just got the 2013 ATS 2.0T Standard w/o CUE. This is truly a remarkable car for the money and I hope GM sells a lot of them.

BACKGROUND: I cannot find (at least in Chapter 7 of the Owner's Manual or anywhere in the Quick Start Guide) a means to access my wireless phone contacts by voice after the phone has been Bluetooth sync'd? Currently, if I say "Dial Access" where "Access" is an entry in my phone book, the system is confused. It seems I have to go through the additional cumbersome step of creating a voice recognized nametag for each and every one of my many contacts. After coming out of my 2010 Audi A5 2.0T, I'm used to Audi's excellent MMI being able to access (after Bluetooth sync) the phone contacts directly by voice in the phone without any additional step.

QUESTION: Is there something I can do to access my contacts by Bluetooth - voice commands without manually creating nametags?

Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:
I'm on a iPhone 4S, everything syncs up fine when plugging it in. Voice commands work fine too, no need to create tags. I can't speak to the Bluetooth, I find it much easier just to plug the phone in. I almost always use pandora radio through my phone anyway.

·
Registered
2015 SRX Luxury
481 Posts
You don't need name tags. When you pair your phone all your contacts will be recognized by CUE voice comands. All you do then is press the voice button and when CUE answers you say call whoever and it will repeat your request. When you confirm it will call for you. I think it works awesome. With my 09 Audi I had to create a name tag for everyone I wanted to call and I didn't like using it for that reason.

12,821 Posts
staged,
As you don't have the CUE system, it is my understanding that you will have to manually create the name tags. I'm sorry about this - I'm sure it's a lengthy process. Glad to hear that otherwise you're enjoying your new ATS!
Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

1 - 5 of 5 Posts