Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My caddi went to oil change and they give me a report saying the transmission fluid is "declined", do I need to refill? If I do, could I just add some additional fluid in or I should drain the entire fluid first and then refill?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,479 Posts
Confused....Also, you can't add trans fluid...look under your hood and tell me where you'd put it in :)

Maybe it means you declined transmission service???

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
Do a drain and fill. You might need a suction gun, but I believe you can fill that trans.

Should be something similar to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JbPGVxJNik

I know thats a BMW, but that 5L40E is basically same as CTS.

You can do a simple drain and fill, and skip the filter part. Suction gun should help you get fluid in to the fill hole.
Just a heads up in comparison to that video... Start by removing the FILL plug first, and THEN the drain plug. You don't want to end up stuck by not having fluid in it and not being able to remove the FILL.

[edit]
I also wouldn't fill while the engine is running. I'd find exactly what is the amount needed for a fill of that transmission, and then put that amount in there.

12,778 Posts
Buguolao, I recommend checking in with the dealership (or repair shop?) regarding the details behind their "declined" note. If you would like me to investigate anything further for you, I'm also happy to check my resources for helpful information! For further assistance, please email me the last eight of your VIN. I'm reachable at [email protected]!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
Cadillac
158 Posts
If its anything like the oil change places around here, it just means they didn't check the fluid since they can't. Also when I had intakes on previous cars I would get a decline on air filter since there was no stock air box to check

1 - 6 of 6 Posts