Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Is it ok to put Alloy aftermarket rims on a cadillac cts?

• Yes

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • No way, are you stupid!

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my car is a light platinum and i would really like the look fo some alloy 18s or 19s. i mean chrome is not my thing, but everyone is telling me it is a caidllac and that it needs chrome. i do not have the money for chrome, and im not a big fan of chrome. The thing is, they said it would look stupid with alloys on a 30+k dollar car. They said i need chrome definately. That this is not a honda where u put alloys.

The streets around here will just damage the rims. i dont know what to do. i dont want to buy alloys and look like an idiot. what do you guys think?
would millie miglia rims or ADR rims look stupid on it?

·
Registered
98 Posts
2 Da Max said:
well my car is a light platinum and i would really like the look fo some alloy 18s or 19s. i mean chrome is not my thing, but everyone is telling me it is a caidllac and that it needs chrome. i do not have the money for chrome, and im not a big fan of chrome. The thing is, they said it would look stupid with alloys on a 30+k dollar car. They said i need chrome definately. That this is not a honda where u put alloys.

The streets around here will just damage the rims. i dont know what to do. i dont want to buy alloys and look like an idiot. what do you guys think?
would millie miglia rims or ADR rims look stupid on it?

My vote is "yes" because you say'd chrome isn't you. Do what you like, who cares what other people think.

·
Registered
466 Posts
:thehand: I prefer alloy wheels to the shiny chrome. Very few aftermarket wheels would I consider. Something more conservative for a Cadillac.

·
Registered
2004 CTS Lux/Sport
364 Posts
My 2004 is light platinum also, I have the stock silver painted 17" alloys which I like best on a sports sedan. Chrome is to much bling for me. But whatever turns you on is best for you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i put 19" HP alloys on my car...i love the look of my car. I say don't put chrome if u dont like it. I dont like chrome and i am happier than ever w/my rims. I still get plenty of attention if thats what ur lookin for :cool2:

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
If you live in the snow belt the chrome wheels will rust after one winter. It was the reason I got rid of my chromies.

·
Registered
NONE
85 Posts
Great timing for this poll!!!

I currently have a Black Ford Focus with Alloy Wheels. Looks great.

I am buying a Black CTS and I am putting on either Alloys or Chrome. The pictures of black CTS with chrome whees looks great! So I am leaning towards chrome but it is more $$$.

I am going to have to flip a coin or something!!! It really all depends on how much it affects my lease payment.

:hmm:

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
elevation said:
Great timing for this poll!!!

I currently have a Black Ford Focus with Alloy Wheels. Looks great.

I am buying a Black CTS and I am putting on either Alloys or Chrome. The pictures of black CTS with chrome whees looks great! So I am leaning towards chrome but it is more $$$.

I am going to have to flip a coin or something!!! It really all depends on how much it affects my lease payment.

:hmm:
Did you understand that after one winter in Ohio my chromies were badly rusted and pitted and I had to remove them. I heavily waxed them and applied Rejex to them before hand. At one time I had chrome Crager rims on a Mustang and they too rusted. I would suggest polished alloy over chrome.
If you're in the South or CA you probably won't have as much of a problem without the salt but water alone can do the trick in time..

·
Registered
NONE
85 Posts
2 Da Max said:
Well i really like these rims what do you guys think?

http://www.wheelmax.com/product.asp?ProdId=10010

is 18s too small for the cts? i still want a smoothe ride aswell.

thanks again guys.

btw Robert those chrome rims you had before are hot! But nothing beats black on black!
Make sure you get a at least a 18x8. The 18x7.5 will be to narrow. What that means is the wheel will be inside the wheel well and it just wont look right. From what I have seen on the forum's here, the 18s look just fine. The 18s are the best price point as well. If you want 20s it is just purely for the look. You won't get any better performance.

·
Registered
CTS
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just dont want to look stupid driving a 30k dollar car with some alloys on it. I really im not a chrome man.. i dont know what i want to do as yet, i mean almost every car has chrome on it around here..

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
Okay, so you asked two opposing questions in your poll. What I meant was that you can put alloy wheels on you white diamond CTS. Certain allow wheels look beautiful on the CTS. I like the look of the ASA JH3 in Satin Silver and the AT Italia Inox in Stainless with black accents. Both are relatively cheap and are 18x8 rims that will fit the CTS nicely with 245/45-18 tires. Adding to what elevation said: whatever you choose, definately go with atleast 18x8 with 245's.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
2 Da Max said:
?? any suggestions on those rims??
My take on those rims. Notice all the lug holes? It's a generic drill so it fits many different cars. Look for one with only 5 holes and you'll find it looks much better.

·
Registered
CTS
182 Posts
:yeah:

By the way, I had a platimum CTS, and it looked way better with chrome/polished than with machined or painted wheels. But that's just my opinion...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts