Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V Black On Black
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guy i just wanted to know if i had spark plugs in my 2000 DTS. I need a tune up bad and my mechanic said the car dosen't have spark plugs ! This was this first time hearing this for a gasoline vehicle! Sorry if this is a stupid question but im 16 :p

·
Registered
2011 Crown Vic LX, 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT
5,607 Posts
Unless it's been converted to diesel or jet propulsion, yes you have spark plugs. :) 100k service interval, if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha ok thanks for the info :) does it have spark plug wires aswell?

·
Registered
2011 Crown Vic LX, 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT
5,607 Posts
If it has them, yes. Someone else with N* knowledge will have to chime in. Sometime around 2000 they were switched to coil on plug, eliminating wires.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac Premium AWD CTS
710 Posts
If my mechanic told me that, I would run and get a new mechanic. I wouldn't let someone that has no idea about my engine work on it,let alone touch it..

David

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
73,500 Posts
2000+ Northstar. Here's what your coil-near-plug ignition system looks like. Replace the plug boots also. The AIR valve on the rear cam cover must be removed - the AIR valve exhaust pipe lower flange must be separated.

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Yea I would get a new mechanic too lol, and only use the ACdelco plugs sub told you about any others will and have caused problems in many members cars

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,163 Posts
Maybe the mechanic said it had no spark plug "wires" and you heard it as no spark plugs? I find it hard to believe that anyone even masquerading as a mechanic with even the most rudimentary knowledge of an internal combustion engine could possibly say something like that with a straight face. If in fact he did, I would never even let him put air in my tire.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the great info guys !
And yes ranger i think i didnt hear it wrong !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts