Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
08 DI 3.6 A6 CTS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find anything on the subject. I know its a 40g unit and the nav takes around 30g. Most things I'm am seeing say that there is around 10g left for music.

If i don't have Nav do i have the full 40g?

·
Registered
08 CTS DI AWD Luxury-Performance II ThunderGray/Titanium
135 Posts
I don't think you have a hard drive unless you have navigation, but some one here will confirm.

·
Registered
Previous: '08 CTS4, '09 CTS, '11 CTS4, all Premium models. No longer own a Cadillac.
2,109 Posts
I can't find anything on the subject. I know its a 40g unit and the nav takes around 30g. Most things I'm am seeing say that there is around 10g left for music.

If i don't have Nav do i have the full 40g?
^ Critter - for owners who have the (rpo U2S) non-Nav 40GB HDD 10-speaker audio system in their 2nd gen CTS, almost all of the HDD (about 38.5 GB) is available for music storage. The remaining space on the HDD (about 1.5 GB) is utilized for the Gracenote CD database, which resides permanently on the HDD.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4
281 Posts
Additional Note: Get a USB flash drive and you have storage only limited to the flash drive size itself. It reads it just the same as the HDD and doesn't seem to take any longer to read except initial load time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts