Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS AWD DI 2014 AWD CTS DI
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 DHS and plan to replace rear shocks. I am assuming that I have the basic air shock leveling system but just want to make sure that I don't order the wrong shocks. Of course the word "shock" would be appropriate as I notice the electronic shocks go for around $500 EACH where the rehular ones are around $100 for a pair. Would appreciate any help. For what it is worth the vin# is 1G6KE57Y82U152903.

·
Registered
2000 SLS
292 Posts
The Service Parts ID label should tell you. The label is usually located either on the spare tire cover, or on the inside of the trunk lid.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,978 Posts
You do have Electronic Level Control (ELC) aka air shocks in the rear. You do not have Magna ride (electronic struts) to the best of my knowledge.

·
Registered
2009 CTS AWD DI 2014 AWD CTS DI
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK here is the deal. There was no sticker either on the trunk lid or inside the spare tire compartment. However my wife found the original window sticker [she saves everything] and on the standard equipment side it lists "electronic level control". Can I asssume that is just basic air shocks? By the way, if the case, I was able to find on the internet Monroe #MA822 priced at $69 for the pair. Would appreciate confirmation so I can put in the order.

·
Registered
2001 DTS / 1973 fleetwood
281 Posts
shocks are independant of your load levelling system....which is what i think the option of 'electric level control' is on your original window sticker.

if your 'elc' doesnt work...compressor broke etc.. your shocks will still function 'normally'.

atleast that is correct on our Yukon,,, i know the compressor is shot for the rear load levelling system, but the coil overs still operate normally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts