Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1981 Parisienne Brougham - 1996 FWB
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my FWB with the towing package out of storage, but I still can't determine if I have ELC? Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
9,734 Posts
I believe it was standard. Look under it for the air lines going into your shocks, and, the compressor is up in front of the left front tire (under the splash shield).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jayoldschool... I found it under the front of the car... or what's left of the pump! It's near the bumper on the driver's side. I found a vacuum hose hanging loose and it looks as it might have been hit or at least suffered some damage. I'll have a better look during the week.

Hmmm... anybody have an extra one??!!

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
My compressor failed and I couldn't figure out how to get at it. So I pulled the air line and put on a shreader valve and just filled manually. Still like that but the air shocks don't hold air for more than a day or 2 now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hi jayoldschool...

As I suspected, my ELC pump is toast! So is the electrical connector. I would be extremely grateful if you could see if you have a pump for sale. My car won't pass Motor Vehicle Inspection without new rear air shocks... and to the best of my knowledge, the new shocks require the pump to be working.

PS: I have PayPal!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts