Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SRX AWD N*
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2005 AWD Northstar SRX. It did not come with the V92 towing package but I did add the factory hitch myself a couple years ago to tow my jetski. I am buying a boat that will pretty much max out the towing capacity of the vehicle so I need a tranny cooler. I just read another post that it would be between the radiator and condenser. There is already something there. So I'm wondering if the car already has the cooler installed? Would anything else be between those two? Is there anyway else to tell? I would like to get this boat tomorrow but I will be towing it 6 hours to get it home and I don't want to risk the tranny so I need to ensure I do have a cooler. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
2005 SRX AWD N*
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, apparently I have the non v92 tranny cooler. So now I'm wondering what the v92 cooler actually looks like. Does anyone have a part number?

·
Registered
'07 - 3.6l SRX RWD, '16 - 2.5l Subaru Outback, '95 - 4.3l S10 pu
972 Posts
At some point in the past I found a source that suggested the trans. cooler associated with the V92 option was about an inch taller than the non-trailering option. I was doing some research on my 07 3.6l setup. I wanted to install an aux. cooler but after checking actual trans. temperatures with an Aeroforce Tech (http://www.aeroforcetech.com/) setup, decided the OE setup was adequate. I've never seen temperatures go over 200°... however I don't do any trailering.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts