Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if an 08 Escalade came with Bluetooth...if so, I can't figure out how to pair it to my phone. If it doesn't come with it, does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
if you run your VIN through the compnine VIN decoder or give it to me via PM or post just the last 8 digits in this thread
you can tell if your car has bluetooth

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade Platinum 16
382 Posts
Yep 2009 and newer with bluetooth equipped onstar VCIM (not sure if late model year 08s were enabled, respond to Rippy to confirm), a lot of us on the forum have upgraded/completed mods to a Bluetooth equipped VCIMs, they can be purchased and installed in about 30 minutes but with dealer programming is required....you can search " bluetooth " on the site for more info....below is a thread with the most action/info.......good luck

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...111-who-knows-where-find-part-20783877-a.html

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat
354 Posts
Do the 2009 and up Escalade's bluetooth also transfer the phone book into the system? Reason for asking is my 2010 SRX bluetooth will not transfer the phone book. All contact numbers must be inputted manually using voice command. I'm going to be looking at an '09 EXT and I don't want to overlook this issue.

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade Platinum 16
382 Posts
Great question, it's been asked but no one with a 2009 - 2010 ever replied, you might have to call a dealer and let us know...

·
Registered
247 Posts
I did reply to this question in another thread some time ago but don't have time to hunt it up right now.
To summarize - Cadillac hands free (bluetooth) does not upload your phone's address book to the car. You can only do as another poster said - manually speak & save names & numbers into the system & then dial them by voice recognition.

As has been mentioned many times here, GM is 10 years behind every other manufacturer in technology. I recently had a Lincoln rental car from Budget that had a Sync system. It could upload address books, had three different ways (including A2DP bluetooth) to connect iPod/iPhone/MP3, outstanding voice recognition, etc., etc.

But - On the other hand - I've really enjoyed all my STS's, CTS's, & Escalades. Each one has had small improvements over the last one. I guess we just have to decide what is priority & what isn't.

·
Registered
escalade
1 Posts
I have cadilac escalade 2009 with no bluetooth or aux, and this is strange

----------

I HAVE CADILAC ESCALADE 2009 WITH NO BLUETOOTH OR AUX, AND THIS IS STRANGE, for A car like Cadillac with no such basic options

·
Registered
1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
1,288 Posts
2009 and up came with the bluetooth phone, 2010 and up with the app also and no escalade ever came with the audio music bluetooth. I got the bose bluetooth adaptor for $60.00 and works awesome on my 2008 and I got the bluetooth adaptor for bluetooth phone module from a 2010 transverse and I also have onstar working for $225 and got 3 months free and I have the app. PM me and I will help you and give you the part numbers and I could not be any happier.

·
Registered
2010 Premium w/ ALL options + 2004 Pontiac GTO LS6 "Beast"
1,196 Posts
I've got a factory VCIM (Bluetooth) from my 2010 for sale in the sale thread. Nothing beats the integration of an OEM part!

·
Registered
2011 Escalade ESV
417 Posts
2009 and up came with the bluetooth phone, 2010 and up with the app also and no escalade ever came with the audio music bluetooth. I got the bose bluetooth adaptor for $60.00 and works awesome on my 2008 and I got the bluetooth adaptor for bluetooth phone module from a 2010 transverse and I also have onstar working for $225 and got 3 months free and I have the app. PM me and I will help you and give you the part numbers and I could not be any happier.
I can't figure out how to access my phone's musice via bluetooth. I have paired the phone and it works just fine. But I ended up plugging a USB thumb drive into the port in the console that I had copied all my music to. It works well that way but it seemed strange to me that the vehicle didn't have that option. It's an 11 ESV. Any direction on accessing music via bluetooth?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have the links, Model numbers, or names for each product that i would need?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yep 2009 and newer with bluetooth equipped onstar VCIM (not sure if late model year 08s were enabled, respond to Rippy to confirm), a lot of us on the forum have upgraded/completed mods to a Bluetooth equipped VCIMs, they can be purchased and installed in about 30 minutes but with dealer programming is required....you can search " bluetooth " on the site for more info....below is a thread with the most action/info.......good luck

Who knows where to Find Part # 20783877
I have a 2009 Escalade with BT but how can I hook it up to play music from my phone?

·
Registered
09 Escalade ESV Platinum
581 Posts
If you don’t mind a wire coming out of the face of your Navi from the Aux into the front console an old generation a Bose A2DP BT unit (#727012-1300) for wireless music streaming, it’s a seamless addition.

I also used a TOSlink optical cable to a digital to analog converter. It cleans up the signal and ensures zero ground loop feedback.

This is installed in an 09 ESV Platinum. It’s also had a 2014 Navi installed that has an Aux port in back. The factory Aux cable is run from the back of the Navi, under the console and into the lower storage box. If this was a 2010> there would be a USB outlet. I have the raw USB plug from the back of the Navi to power it’s 5V into the Bose A2DP BT which then passes the power into the optical adapter made for a PS4 headset

There are other A2DP BT modules out there but this Bose unit has stood the test of time and pairs up with no hassle. It also runs off 5v or USB power. The USB on the digi convertor (above) will plug into the USB port being added under the lid of the center console.

The truck went from a weekend to a daily driver so I haven’t tinkered with how to add the TOS link to the back of the 2014 Navi unit in my 09 Platinum.

This particular Bose A2DP module hooked into the aux input of the Navi will automatically link to a phones music that’s playing, mute/pause for incoming calls, resume at end of call, integrate into all other OnStar functions as well as run simultaneously with BT for the cell phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 16 of 16 Posts