Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older caddy that is only a 4.1, I was wondering if I could beef it up with some turbo.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Skeelo said:
I have an older caddy that is only a 4.1, I was wondering if I could beef it up with some turbo.
Adding a turbo to a 4.1 will just make the parts fly farther after it explodes. For less money you could just put in a 4.5 or even a 4.9l. Less money, maintenance and headaches. And far more reliable.
Bob

·
Registered
176 Posts
Seems to me that the 92-up 4.9's would be ok with one since they strengthened the block. I think it's begging for a turbo, especially with that exhaust crossover right there with the airbox removed :)
D.

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
If you really like your car, you might think of swapping in a 4.5 (maybe 4.9 if you can swing the electronics and other stuff). Ya know what might be more fun is taking one of the lighter 368 powered Cadillacs (eldo, cdv, fleet. cp.) and swap in a 500, then twin turbo that. Maybe make it a mid 11 car for $2500 including the car, now that would be fun..

·
Registered
176 Posts
If you re-use your old valve covers, intake and throttle body a 4.9 will drop right in, I've done it on a 87 deville :) Good luck!
D.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where do I find the info on how to do a twin turbo setup on a 70 Deville Conv? I want it all under the hood, and I'm rebuilding a 472.

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
Davek80501 said:
Where do I find the info on how to do a twin turbo setup on a 70 Deville Conv? I want it all under the hood, and I'm rebuilding a 472.
There aren't many turbocharged 500 series big blocks. I'm planning one, I know there's a dude named Sean who has a turboed 69 or 70 deville, he's at *************** dedicated to these engines. But you pretty much have to make up your own info.. and take a look at this http://hotrod.com/techarticles/engine/113_0312_turbo/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
davesdeville