Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Escalade ESV
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2008 Escalade ESV, fully loaded. I'm trying to figure out how to put it in 4-wheel drive. Are there buttons or dials? My friend has a 2008 Suburban that looks very similar, but on the dash, he has a dial for 4L, 4H, etc. I don't have that. Does that mean there is no 4 wheel drive, or does it mean that the Escalade has on-demand 4-wheel drive?? Does the 4-wheel drive engage automatically? Can I control it with 4 H, 4L, etc.?

Thanks...

·
Registered
A red 2007 escalade base and a orange 2004 lamborghini galla
167 Posts
Hey I new at this but the escalade my parents gave me is a 2007 and its awd which means it's only all wheel drive (4wheel drive) yours will either be rear wheel drive or all wheel drive there's no button to change anything haha trust me I might be 16 but I know what I'm talking about haha trust me that's how it is yours is either rear wheel drive only or all wheel drive hope this helps

----------

Mine is exaclty like yours just a year older haha but umm one question do you also feel a thump or clunk when it shifts from 2nd to 3rd gear?

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
311 Posts
Escalades don't have the 4 wheel drive select dial like the Tahoes. As mentioned, it'll be either all-time 4 wheel drive or 2 wheel drive. If you have 4 wheel drive you'll have a transfer case, get underneath and take a look. It connects to your transmission at one end and your drive shaft at the other (front half of the vehicle). You'll see two plugs on it (one to drain and one to fill). If it's not there you have 2 wheel drive.

Here is a thread from this forum that covers draining and filling the front differential and the transfer case. There are some good pics you can look at to identify the transfer case: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-tech-tips-how-fix/142570-escalade-front-diff-transfer-case-how.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts