Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Sedan DeVille 4.9L
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a 1994 SDV base that the front struts are shot on. Now I'm the kind of guy that will try to save anywhere possible, so after doing extensive research, I think I have come up with a suspension conversion from parts available from the local auto parts store. Looking at the rockauto site, the 94 SDV4.9 and the 92 Eldorado, take the same front struts, AC-Delco P/N 5802. Also on the strutmasters page they list the strut kits to be P/N CAD-F1XX which leads me to believe that they should be similar. I went to the local O'Reilly auto parts, and looked at the front struts from the '92 and I don't see any reason that they wouldn't work on the '94. They're only $120/pair:thumbsup: , lifetime warranty, so if they'll work, thats a heck of a savings! Then I could just use the relay that pretty much all the passive kits use, and be done.

Has anyone else tried this, or do I get to be the guinea pig on this?? Also, by installing the relay to get rid of the ride control msg, does this affect operation of the rear air ride??

Thanks!

·
Registered
1995 Sedan Deville
41 Posts
I just installed passive rear shocks on my 95 sdv from strutmasters and it came with the relay, but danged if I can figure out what box the connections go to on the back of the rear seat. Anyway, what I ended up doing was to unplug the ride leveling sensor box and the air compressor underneath the car, and just hit information every time I start it up to stop the message. I can live with that. But, looking at the directions on the relay kit, seems to only affect the dic display, so I can't really see how it would keep the error code from generating or stop the compressor and sensor from activating, on the rear that is. But, the front doesn't have a compressor, so I'm not really sure how it adjusts the struts, but changing the front doesn't seem like it should affect the rear since the rear has auto leveling, and the speed sensitive system should still apply to it even if the front goes out or is changed to passive.

And hey, if anyone here besides me cares to post any additional knowledge on this post, please do, and help us figure out how to install the danged relay kit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts