Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2009 DTS
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used replacement filter FRAM CA9492 Extra Guard Flexible Panel Air Filter. It is about $9-12 shipped in US.

Total time was less than 15 minutes. Dealership estimate $30.

Tip: You will need a T25 Torx driver to unscrew two bolts.

Cheers

· Super Moderator
2011 SRX4 3.0 4WD, Luxury
4,248 Posts
maybe he was drinking bourbon with Long....LOL.... there's a thought use zoom for online drinking.... 😜

Reactions: Omac

· Registered
2009 DTS
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As Omac said, these are two different videos covering two different topics.

One video is on the cabin filter. One video is on the engine filter. My threads stated such. Additionally the cabin filter is for DTS 2006-2011 whereas the engine filter is specifically for 2009 V8 4.6L model. The thread titles made that distinction as well.

I humbly request to separate said threads.

· Registered
293 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I'm always amazed at how much dealerships charge to change out engine and cabin filters. I guess it's sort of like ordering a $4.25 iced tea with your lunch. I could never understand why most places don't use an "at cost" pricing for these sort of things as a "loss leader" to get you in the door. I regularly get "deals" that are mailed to me from the Honda dealership where we purchased our Honda and they want $119 to replace both filters. I can literally change out both filters in less than 5 minutes and the total cost of the filters to me is about $24. The only thing that slows you down on the Caddy is having the Torx bolts holding the housing down.

· Registered
2008 DTS Platinum
815 Posts
I like how he had to search for the secondary hood latch. I've had my car 9 years. and I still have to.

The filter does look different from mine (2008). I wonder if it's significantly better or cheaper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.