Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as promised.

Separate rear of steering column on both sides, doesnt have to come all the way off.

Lift up the rear cover plate on both sides, you will hear a pop.

take cover plate out.

Remove 2x 7mm screws, one under the gas gauge and 1 under the engine temp or clock (depending on what year your car is.)

To remove the cluster there are 3 tabs on the top that dig into the top of the dash

Press the dash upwards to create a gap and either man it up and jam your hand in there or get something thin to use to work across.
i start on the left and slowly work towards the right.

Disconnect the cable, it is a type of leaver. just lift up and towards the back

All Done.

feel free to donate :D

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is really easy.
only tips is dont drop the screws.
dont pry the dash up and break the dash cluster lip (ive seen a few for sale with cracks in them) thats why i use my hands and tough it out or a flathead screwdriver only as a sort of guide.
and take your time to figure out how the release on the cable/plug works... it took a little fiddling to figure out.. but its also easy.

its literally under 10 min

Reactions: X Rolls-Royce

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6 , 74 chevy caprice
395 Posts
so evrthing stays behind miles lights or if you chang ecluster everything changes?? r u talking about those three tabs by your thumb??

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,819 Posts
The tabs shown in this picture are the tabs that holds the top part into the dash. These are the tabs that he's saying to man-up on or use a flat head screw driver as a guide. Personally I used a paint stirrer that you get from the home improvement stores. Of course, I removed mine several years ago. lol

Both sets of clusters are plug and play. If you are replacing the cluster with the clock with the one with the temp gauge, it will still be plug and play. Except for the odometer, that information is kept in the cluster. Even for clock-for-clock or temp-for-temp.

KOT

·
Registered
2006 CTS 3.6l
185 Posts
Excellent write up, I just replaced mine because my original was peeling away from the backing on the inside. This write up made it super easy, literally took 10 minutes!

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so evrthing stays behind miles lights or if you chang ecluster everything changes?? r u talking about those three tabs by your thumb??
the tabs are more of the fin type things closer to the front. 3 sections of fins/tabs. they bite into the top of the dashboard to hold it in place.

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado 2008 SRX
7 Posts
as promised.

Separate rear of steering column on both sides, doesnt have to come all the way off.

Lift up the rear cover plate on both sides, you will hear a pop.

take cover plate out.

Remove 2x 7mm screws, one under the gas gauge and 1 under the engine temp or clock (depending on what year your car is.)

To remove the cluster there are 3 tabs on the top that dig into the top of the dash

Press the dash upwards to create a gap and either man it up and jam your hand in there or get something thin to use to work across.
i start on the left and slowly work towards the right.

Disconnect the cable, it is a type of leaver. just lift up and towards the back

All Done.

feel free to donate :D
any chance of getting the photos re posted.
thanx for taking the time to put this together and sharing

·
Registered
1 Posts
Floor Jacks are very important if you’re in the automotive line of work. A non-reliable or low-quality floor jack may break down under the weight of the vehicle, which may cause damage or even harm you. If you need help, you’ll find our Best Floor Jack Reviews 2020 [For Trucks, Cars & Suv] outlining what we believe and gathered as the best floor jacks in the market. So let’s drive through this article.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts