Cadillac Owners Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
thank you so very much for the time and effort you put into this repair thread. It helped me a GREAT deal and now my wifes' radio is like new.. Thanks again...:worship:

·
Cadillac Owners Troll
2019 CT6 Sport 3.0TT,2015 Luxury ATS , 2016 ELR, and Volt
2,238 Posts
On MVI's site, the upgrade states: Is this a quark of doing the upgrade, or does the loss of steering wheel controls occur in factory delivered 2016 and 2017 vehicles too?
The steering wheel controls all work when I use Carplay on my OEM radio in my CTS. My ATS doesn't have carplay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2013 SRX 92k kilometers.
Registered to say Thank You to OP and all others that have contributed to this topic. Stealership wants $2k to replace screen. Add to that heated seats no longer work (easily fixed I believe) and rear camera starting to act up. Absolutely a Love/ Hate relationship- love the car but very disheartened and disappointed by the lack of quality parts and quality control in regards to the electronics.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T
1 Posts
So I ordered the screen from aliexpress. Got it in less than a week and thanks to the writeup from Carun, I was able to do it all in about 2 hours. No issues, didn't break anything, and it was pretty easy to do. Its not a cheap solution but it is cheaper than dealing with cadillac. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just ordered touchscreen from Aliexpress. The write up sat the beginning of this thread are excellent and are what encouraged me to try this route.
Very disappointed with "Cadillac quality". Bought a 2013 SRX from dealer with less than 40K miles.
In just under a year and a half
1) Transmission failed - total rebuild (warranty)
2) Air intake actuators seized (Warranty)
3) Driver's seat heat base stopped working (warranty)
4) Driver's seat base adjustment (back portion) up/down stopped working. Dealer lubricated assembly - not replace
5) Replaced the absurdly dim low beam light bulbs after finding a solution on this forum (went w/ the halogen high beam - NOT the HID/LED blinding solution)
At 62K Miles now. 50K warranty long gone and only 8K left on the power train.

..and now the CUE non responsive touchscreen of death. I would have to say that this Cadillac User's Experience has not been so great.
Hopefully, the directions/pictures at the beginning of this thread and the school of YouTube will get us back in business.
The CUE system is abysmal. You have to take your eyes off the road to adjust the climate controls...that is...IF the touch screen were working.
As a poster said up thread... it is a love/hate relationship. We love driving the SRX, but hate thte thought of what will break next, and the ridiculous cost to repair
Will come back after swapping the touch screen and let you know how it went. Thanks again to the OP's write up and other's helpful tips.

·
Registered
2019 Mercedes E450 Cabriolet, previous 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD, 1973 Corvette 454
2,363 Posts
This is such an important thread that we need to occasionally bump and keep this near the top of our threads for future use.

·
Registered
2013 ATS Lux 3.6L AWD
97 Posts
I have posted this in other threads but figured I would post here as another source. Mine was trying to store a station preset to the middle bottom of the screen and wasn't responsive to touch. It would sometimes work to touch and my steering controls would work just fine. I knew this was an overlay issue as I deal with that in my work of custom control systems for homes. I also have a long car audio background so it was an easy task for me to switch but not hard at all for the average guy. Just take your time and don't force anything. Mine has been working like it should for several months now. I would highly recommend going this route as the dealer wants $1500 to replace the stack with the same ol crap. Here is the link to China. This is as close to OEM as I could find. Was packed VERY well!

https://opuradio.com/products-detail.php?ProId=1312

Another thought, make sure to seat the ribbon cable correctly. I had to pull the stack out a couple of times before I got it so don't loose hope if it doesn't work the first time. Take your time. Can't hurt to take pics as you go for reference.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have posted this in other threads but figured I would post here as another source. Mine was trying to store a station preset to the middle bottom of the screen and wasn't responsive to touch. It would sometimes work to touch and my steering controls would work just fine. I knew this was an overlay issue as I deal with that in my work of custom control systems for homes. I also have a long car audio background so it was an easy task for me to switch but not hard at all for the average guy. Just take your time and don't force anything. Mine has been working like it should for several months now. I would highly recommend going this route as the dealer wants $1500 to replace the stack with the same ol crap. Here is the link to China. This is as close to OEM as I could find. Was packed VERY well!

https://opuradio.com/products-detail.php?ProId=1312

Another thought, make sure to seat the ribbon cable correctly. I had to pull the stack out a couple of times before I got it so don't loose hope if it doesn't work the first time. Take your time. Can't hurt to take pics as you go for reference.
My experience with Opuradio went well however a friend of mine ordered 10 days ago and it still hasn't shipped and is being given the runaround. He's trying to cancel order but no reply.
Are they having supply issues?
"I wasn't sent the OEM version because the area where the proximity sensor is was a lot darker and doesn't pick up my hand near the screen. It still works great other than that but I request a refund for the difference from the China made and the OEM version which is 77 dollars. It still is a great deal. I also used FED-ex but it came by DHL which I was kinda glad because I can request no signature required and they were fast. All in all I would buy again from here."

Update: Oporadio ignored friend's cancellation request and shipped item.

Final update: Friend rec'd Cue Screen and it was genuine OEM. Installed it and works like a dream. Seems he now has another issue- his alt is dying LOL does it ever end. Dead batt, CAA came and did a complete diagnostic and batt passed. Tech suggested it may be the alt.

·
Registered
2014 XTS Platinum - White Diamond Tricoat on Very Light Platinum/Dark Urban/Cocoa
24 Posts
I just installed a new screen from AliExpress into my 2014 XTS earlier this week. It's already going bad in both top corners. I'm dealing with them now trying to get a replacement. They told me to send it back and they would send me a replacement. That's obviously not going to work. I need another new screen before I pull this one out. I'm not a happy camper.

·
Registered
2016 Cadilliac ATS 2.0T Coupe
18 Posts
YOU THE BEST!!!! I love my new screen! I had a few bumps because the 2016 was being a pain but, after getting my ISH together. I have a functional screen back.

Thank you!

This thread needs to be made official. This will safe people a lot of money.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD
21 Posts
Today i fixed my CUE Screen ( touch screen not working)

Screen is from Aliexpress

one and a half hours work time... touch control is back :worship:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Want to thank everyone for as all the in this thread. I came out of work last week to find my Cue screen looking like this.

I am going to buy the replacement screen on aliexpress for 168$ But I just want to make sure it will fix it. The spider web cracking is behind the outer layer of screen and I can't feel it. Does this replacement replace all of that? It looks see through in the picture, wheres the LED screen?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.aliexpress.com/item/327

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6L Premium RWD silver/black
28 Posts
Thank you very much for this thread. I replaced my touchscreen/digitizer this morning in about 3 hours. It worked like a champ, and I didn't have any extra screws at the end! :)

I was not able to get my cupholder inserts to pop out right at first, like someone else mentioned would help. One side would "click" up, but when I went to the opposite side and pulled up, the other side would click back into position! However, after I raised my console trim up enough to get my fingers under the cupholder insert, I was then able to push the cupholder insert up from the bottom. Then I could disconnect the gray plug fairly easily.

Mileage and info on the dead screen...
My screen started to not work on the lower, right side at about 45,000 miles. Then the dead zone grew across the bottom of the screen, then up until it wasn't working below about halfway up the screen. The progression took about two-three months. I replaced it at 53,000 miles.

info on where I bought my replacement part...
On August 10, 2018 I bought a $110 unit on ebay from "limarket18" (seller name) with no shipping charge. It was supposed to arrive between August 21 and 24th. It arrived on August 23rd in well padded packaging. There were lots of similar choices to mine, some cheaper but with much longer shipping. I'm happy so far. If it stops working anytime when I still have the car, I'll update this post.

·
Registered
2013 Luxury ATS 2.0T Manual
697 Posts
Well, at 64,500 miles, my 2013 ATS has fallen victim to the dreaded bottom-middle unresponsive touchscreen issue. I've got a new digitizer coming from Ali for $52 (man, these things have gotten cheap!) and I hope to run through your steps the weekend immediately after I get the part. I'll post any differences I come across when doing this on a manual car, but I don't think there will be any other than probably leaving the shift knob attached and just pulling up the boot, which looks like it is the opposite of the automatic steps. Or maybe I'll just remove it anyways. Why risk damaging a perfectly good shift knob when it's just one allen bolt to take it off?

·
Registered
2013 Luxury ATS 2.0T Manual
697 Posts
I'm happy to report success! For those with a manual transmission, pretty much the same. Only difference is that you pull the leather boot up (it is not attached to the console piece) and then, from the driver's side, use a T25 torx head to remove the shift knob screw. Then just pull straight up to remove the knob and boot. Pull the shifter back into 4th and continue the original steps.

Whoever designed the connectors on the back of the CUE system is an a-hole! I ended up breaking the plastic clip that secures the mini-USB connector (blue wire). My guess is that it supplies power to the unit, so I hope it doesn't disconnect itself. I guess if my CUE system just shuts off one day while driving, I'll know where to look. Big old piece of duct tape should take care of it (wish I had thought of that before I buttoned everything back up).

61 - 80 of 87 Posts