Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Opel Omega
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:stirpot: Since you cant quite buy clear side markers I got some reflective tape, some seizors, a whole puncher and 5 minutes of my time.

The reflective tape was 1.29 at some truck stop...

Took a piece of paper and traced the light itself with a pencil, then cutout a piece that closely covers the marker.

THen traced that shape to the reflective tape and cut it out... in the process I kept measuring against the marker to make sure that it wont be undercut...

Here are some of the pictures...
(sorry I don't have before shots, but you know what yours look like)

Took me total of 5 min:
Sill required: 1 (on scale from 1-10)

BEFORE

Any comments are welcome. For questions please PM.

·
Registered
Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport
1,840 Posts
Does the light shine through the tape when your headlights are on? If not then the car wouldn't pass inspection in NY. Beside that, if they don't light up, the only time another driver would see them is when their headlight shine on them. If you must have clear lights then by some plexiglass and cut it to fit. Replace the amber lens with the homemade ones and change the bulb to an amber one.

·
Registered
Opel Omega
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well at night you cant even see the tape... light goes right through it so those 3 holes I made were pointless but it sill helps out a bit. I will take a night shot and show you, but I think with a few holes it will work just fine for NY inspection.

The tape is so reflective the smallest amount of light makes it scream... much much brighter then the built in reflector on the lens... I have a Neon with the same mod and it has worked for years without trouble...

More pictures will come I promise...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts