Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0L RWD Manual
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the weather is warming up, my ATS with 28,000 miles has developed a sqeak/groan when letting out the clutch. Is this something I can tackle as a non-gear head? At first I thought it might be something as simple as greasing a hinge on the petal. But looking in from down below, there is more going on than that. Is it feasible to try to figure it out myself or should I give in and take it in for service?

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T Manual
97 Posts
Judging from your description, it sounds like a similar squeak my clutch pedal had a few months ago. My squeak was cause by the clutch over-center spring squeak (for whatever reason). This was easily fixed with a little silicon lubricant and a straw nozzle can. It is hard to see up above the pedals, but if you get your head by the pedals you can see the spring mechanism above the the clutch.

·
Registered
ATS Performance 2.0 T 6sp manual
6 Posts
Squeeze some Super Lube or similar synthetic grease on the tip of your index finger. If you open the drivers door and lay on your back with your head under the dash you can see a piston looking thing. Rub the grease all over that then pump the clutch a bit. My squeak went away and has not returned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts