Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK Peeps I finally got around to the DIY version... You will need the following parts:

Silicone Intakes
3.25" to 3" Silicone Reducer (Red/Blue/Black) $12
3" to 2.5" 45° Silicone Bending Reducer (Red/Blue/Black) $20
3" 135° Mandrel Bent Aluminum Pipe $15
3.25" Hose Clamps or T bolt Clamps (3) $1.49 each for SS or $2.60 each for T bolt
2.75" Hose Clamps or T bolt Clamps (1) $1.49 each for SS or $2.60 each for T bolt
Jegs
-6AN to 3/8" NPT Adapter $3
90° -6AN Hose End Push Lock Fitting $11

Total cost about $75

I tried to use just a straight 3" coupler instead of the reducing coupler. Although it worked it was a PITA to get over the air box inlet. I trimmed of the ends of the aluminum tube to make it easier to insert the ends into the couplers. You will have to trim the 2.5" end of the 45° reducing coupler and the 3.25" end of the air box coupler. If you use a hose clamp as a guide you get a nice straight even cut on the silicone hose. I used a little silicone grease on the 3" side of the couplers to make the fit up easier.

Parts:

Sample fit up with straight coupler before any trimming.

Sample fit up with reducing coupler.

Close up of reducing coupler.

You need to drill and install the -6AN fitting.

I installed the 2 silicone fittings and screwed the clamps down just enough to hold them on. I put the tube in the turbo side first and then slid the other end into the air box end. Once you have it all together tighten the hose clamps and hook up the clean side hose.

Finished

·
Registered
Raven Black ATS 2.0T/ auto
139 Posts
OEM, How thick is the wall on the aluminum tubing? Just wondering if the clean side fitting will stay in place for the long term or pull the threads out of the tubesince aluminum is pretty soft. I might want to try this set up. It looks good -- real clean!

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you tested it out yet? What do you expect to gain from this mod?
Just trying clean up the air flow and add a little bling to the engine bay.

----------

OEM, How thick is the wall on the aluminum tubing? Just wondering if the clean side fitting will stay in place for the long term or pull the threads out of the tubesince aluminum is pretty soft. I might want to try this set up. It looks good -- real clean!
It is fairly thick... if you drill the hole correctly and use the correct size tap it will not come out. I cheated and let the fitting thread itself.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T - White Diamond Tricoat
35 Posts
Thank for the Great Write Up and including the parts listed. Ordered my parts and hopefully should be installing this weekend. I may through a black krinkle finish on the tube to make it look more like a stock intake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts