Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Deville
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
anyone else on here having problems locating repair shops or Ebay purchases on 97 '-99 Deville instrument clusters? Ed Morse Cadillac informed me, they are discontinued! I had found a repair shop in GA but they no longer fix these , they cannot get parts!!so, guess it is onto junks yard which is very bad news ,indeed! i would have much rather had a nice clean repair!!!anyone on here have any good sources?

Another question to add to this. has anyone on here ever had the display go dark like this then, replace it only to have the problem still be there? I am concerned about buying one and having the new one do the same thing? is there a way to pull codes with the display being dark? I am having a sinking feeling I will not be as lucky as to only have the display broken instead of some other insidious issue!! (always my type of luck!)

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Get a used and have programed to your car. I see them. On Ebay for 50 to 75 all the time(just bought one couple months ago myself). If display is completely out it is the IPC more than likely, it is not uncommon for them to fail.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts