Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS Premium in White Diamond Tricoat
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jan 29th I purchased a brand new CTS Premium from my local dealer, some reasons dealing with this dealer were, that I good friend sold it to me, and the they are local to me. In the past I have bought 2 corvettes from another Cadillac dealer in MO and they always treated me well. I dealt locally because of my friend and the fact the dealership was closer, the MO dealer was a 120 mile round trip, this one is only about 50 miles round trip.
I purchased the CTS On Jan 29th, It stayed garaged for a week as it was snowing/ice in my area. The following week I took it back to the dealership to have the paint and interior treatment done ($900 option) done, picked it up the next day. It stayed garaged again until the weather cleared, my wife and I took it over to St Louis for dinner one night and then I began driving it to work every day.
I am very careful about my cars as many of you are, and I am sure if I would have done something like this (see photo) I would have known about it. But based on the location I didn't see it until I started taking photos of it at various angles and this is what I came across.
I sent the photos to my dealer and they claim it wasn't there when they detailed it and put on the pain protection. The car has never been out of my sight except at the dealership, and at home where it is in my garage. Beins that it is on the passenger side under the front bumper, I can understand how it could have gone unnoticed until now.
The long and short of this is that the dealer does not want to accept responsibility for this. I don;t want to end my relationship with this dealer as I have a great deal of respect for them and my friend, but I wanted to get another opinion before I escalated this to the DVM or GM directly.
Please let me know your opinions, I am sick.
cts-1.JPG
cts-2.JPG
cts-3.JPG
cts-4.JPG

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have considered the fact that this "could have" happened, however based on how many miles I have on it (400), how often it was driven, and the fact the only places it has been "parked" is in my garage, work and the dealership. At the restaurant we went it was parked in the south 40 and there were no other vehicles around. I am pretty anal about where I park :hmm:

Last conversation with the dealership, now they are willing to pay half the repairs at their selected body shop. I would rather have my own do it. I planed on removing my front plate and putting in some bumper plugs, but if its going to have to be painted I should go ahead and have the holes filled. I doubt they would consider that if they have their selected body shop do it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Humm, strange just got a new email from the dealer saying they have found a similar scratch on another CTS they have their on the lot, they are going to repair.

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac CTS4
394 Posts
Humm, strange just got a new email from the dealer saying they have found a similar scratch on another CTS they have their on the lot, they are going to repair.
It's good to see they investigated it further, and even better they informed you of finding similar damage to another car and are taking responsibility for fixing yours. They could have just brushed it under the rug and left you hanging on the repair. Sounds like you have a reputable dealer. Also congrats on the new car!

·
Registered
2011 CTS AWD 3.6
69 Posts
Credit goes to the dealer for taking responsibility. Probably the fact that you had a professional and calm approach helped.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! I just wished it had never happened to begin with but it looks like I will get my plate holes fixed too since removing my plate bracket. I think it helped too that I had a friend who sold me the car go the extra mile. I am sure that played a pivotal part. I also told the sales manager that the salesman saved this relationship ;-)

·
Registered
2014 SRX Premium w/20" chrome
481 Posts
Perhaps the car hauler driver did this while loading or unloading the car(s), being that the dealer said they discovered a similar scratch. They are supposed to thoroughly inspect vehicles after they are unloaded, but that doesn't always happen.

Anyway, glad they stepped up to the plate and are going to fix your car. At least it's not in a very noticeable spot. It will look great again.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
16 Posts
Perhaps the car hauler driver did this while loading or unloading the car(s), being that the dealer said they discovered a similar scratch. They are supposed to thoroughly inspect vehicles after they are unloaded, but that doesn't always happen.

Anyway, glad they stepped up to the plate and are going to fix your car. At least it's not in a very noticeable spot. It will look great again.
Yeah I was going to say the same thing, hauler damage. The unfortunate thing is that aftermarket paint jobs never seem to hold up as well as factory paint... especially on the front bumper where the paint is prone to being pelted by stones and salt.

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 1992, 93, 94, 99, 02, 06, 08, 11.
337 Posts
akakillroy, I know well the sick feeling when you see damage on a brand new car caused by the dealership. We learned the hard way to thoroughly inspect our cars before leaving the lot after repairs. You are so fortunate to be working with a reputable dealer.

·
Registered
2016 XTS Premium
1,819 Posts
Perhaps came from from the hauler that delivered vehicle. Doesnt look like something that would happen during normal driving.

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI. everything but nav.current mileage 11800 km.
84 Posts
congratulations ,,,your dealer stepped up ,,,,, mine didn't

·
Registered
2011 CTS4
1 Posts
Re 2011 cts front bumper damage - got new 2011 cts4 - can't front park without damaging front bumper - about the same kind of damage - curbs too high or parking blocks too high causing damage - last ripped off air flow rubber at base - dealer says too bad back in instead - new car less than 1000 miles - seems like a design problem but my last auto was an suv so no problem like this - bumper guards do not seem to be a solution according to dealer - any suggestions. Jers

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
another name for what you called the 'air flow rubber' is the 'curb scraper'

the only time i saw them covered under warranty was with the saturn aura - originally it wasn't soft enough of a material and when it broke it would shatter and send pieces flying

they redesigned it and made it a 'campaign' - above a TSB, but below a recall (in importance)

all other cars with the soft rubber 'curb scraper' will have a hard time getting warranty to cover
(although your service dept might be able to work some 'magic' for you - it wouldn't be unheard of)

·
Registered
Former owner 2008 CTS
228 Posts
Re 2011 cts front bumper damage - got new 2011 cts4 - can't front park without damaging front bumper - about the same kind of damage - curbs too high or parking blocks too high causing damage - last ripped off air flow rubber at base - dealer says too bad back in instead - new car less than 1000 miles - seems like a design problem but my last auto was an suv so no problem like this - bumper guards do not seem to be a solution according to dealer - any suggestions. Jers
I really hate to tell you this but you are going to have to learn where the front end of your car is and what the limits are. Err on the side of caution when pulling in and pay real close attention. CTS is a sport sedan/coupe and part of the appeal of the design is due to the low and wide stance, thus the front is low to the ground.

·
Registered
2012 Crystal Red CTS Coupe with Ebony Interior
452 Posts
I once bought the 1st generation CTS with Diamond White paint. I didn't notice until a few weeks later that the color of rear bumber was way off from the rest of the car. When I showed it to the dealer they wouldn't do anything about it. I don't know how I didn't see it. The bottom line is that when you order a car you should go over it thoroughly and if there's something wrong point it out then and there to the point that you won't accept delivery unless it's fixed. I learned the hard way. In reality it could have happened after you picked up the car despite you being careful. If you see the damage before you take delivery they can't blame it on you and it's their problem and they have to deal with it. Once you drive it off the lot it's your word against theirs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts