Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 STS
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i want to cut the battery power off prior to working on the car, can i disconnect under the hood (under that little red cap) or do i have to do it under the back seat. 2002 sts

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,985 Posts
if i want to cut the battery power off prior to working on the car, can i disconnect under the hood (under that little red cap) or do i have to do it under the back seat. 2002 sts
==================
I'd go directly to the battery - under the back seat -

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,336 Posts
At the battery. One mistake under the hood with a loose "hot" battery cable and you have big problems.

If your car has heated seats, make sure to carefully disconnect the rear seat pad supply connector - passenger side, seat pad raised a bit.

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
Always remove the battery's ground (-) clamp before loosening the positive (+). If you remove the negative clamp and inadvertently complete a circuit to ground, there will be no current flow because the ground clamp is already grounded. Subsequent shorting of the positive terminal to ground will then produce no current flow because the current has no return path to the negative post. And, of course, always reconnect the ground last.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts