Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Cadillac escalades And out of nowhere the CD would not Eject. I remove the fuse for the radio put back in and now Can not do anything with the disc portion of the radio It is disabled. What can I do to correct this

·
Registered
2004 ESV
908 Posts
Which radio do you have? The touch screen navigation radio, or the non-navigation radio? Does the CD tray make any noises like it's spinning? If you hear noises when trying to eject, but nothing happens, it could be the ejection wheel is dusty and won't grab the disc to eject. Some disassembly of the radio (removing the cover), and cleaning the roller with some rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab could work wonders.

If no noises are happening, it could be the CD portion of the radio has either gone kaput, or a connection is loose/damaged. You can disassemble the radio and get the CD out that way. I've had to do that before. You aren't voiding warranties at this point.

I'd look at replacing the stock radio with a double-din option that offers more modern capabilities.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With navigation and yes it does sound like something is trying to spin Inside but nothing. Before disc button went blue and disabled. Disc's were stuck and would attempt to play or eject but now nothing of coarse

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which radio do you have? The touch screen navigation radio, or the non-navigation radio? Does the CD tray make any noises like it's spinning? If you hear noises when trying to eject, but nothing happens, it could be the ejection wheel is dusty and won't grab the disc to eject. Some disassembly of the radio (removing the cover), and cleaning the roller with some rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab could work wonders.

If no noises are happening, it could be the CD portion of the radio has either gone kaput, or a connection is loose/damaged. You can disassemble the radio and get the CD out that way. I've had to do that before. You aren't voiding warranties at this point.

I'd look at replacing the stock radio with a double-din option that offers more modern capabilities.
Gonna try that tonight. But how to reinable the disc? Or may it autocorrect after I remove disc's and clean everything inside ?

·
Registered
2004 ESV
908 Posts
Ah...you have a 2007+. This forum is specifically for the 99-2006 models. But the root cause should still be similar. I'd check the roller that is supposed to push the disc out. It's probably dusty, and can't grip the disc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah...you have a 2007+. This forum is specifically for the 99-2006 models. But the root cause should still be similar. I'd check the roller that is supposed to push the disc out. It's probably dusty, and can't grip the disc.
Would that cause the disc player to disable? How do you reinable or reset? I've tried the fuse removal but no luck

·
Registered
2004 ESV
908 Posts
Not 100% sure. You could have multiple issues, or maybe the disc is not seated in the drive properly, and the radio thinks there's nothing in the drive, but you can't get the disc out. I would post this in the 2007-2014 forum to see if someone has a better answer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not 100% sure. You could have multiple issues, or maybe the disc is not seated in the drive properly, and the radio thinks there's nothing in the drive, but you can't get the disc out. I would post this in the 2007-2014 forum to see if someone has a better answer.
I removed all the disc's its now empty

·
Registered
2004 ESV
908 Posts
Were you able to eject the disc via the button on the radio, or did you need to disassemble the radio to accomplish this task?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts