Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a 97 STS and recently installed a passive alarm system in it. Is it possible to disarm the factoy alarm or at least certain features of it.

Falconeo

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The factory alarm (horn mainly), it'll sometime disengage with the passive alarm, other times I have to use the key on the door (this in addition to disengaging my new alarm).

falconeo

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Did you install it? If so, did you have any extra disarm outputs? A dry contact relay output would be perfect. Wire this to the switch in the lock mechanism that is activated when you turn your key. I would look for a microswitch, or something along those lines.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you install it? If so, did you have any extra disarm outputs? A dry contact relay output would be perfect. Wire this to the switch in the lock mechanism that is activated when you turn your key. I would look for a microswitch, or something along those lines.
No, I had someone else install it. But I will check out the installation manual for extra output's related to disarming. What is a "dry contact relay?"

falconeo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
falconeo