Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am new to the forums and have a question. I have a 2005 Cadillac CTS Base model, and the Traction Engaged Keeps coming on. I have read through Some of the forums, but wanting to know how to go about disabling the traction control. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
447 Posts
button in the glove compartment. BUT that also means you have bigger issues and your ABS and other items may not work right anyway. Even if you disable traction control, ABS and stabiltrac stays on. Will probably get errors still.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Does the traction engage at any particular event? Like going over a bump or a certain tire going over a bump, etc.?

Last month I found out that the shop who replaced a wheel bearing in my rear wheel didn't reconnect the wheel speed sensor on the back of the hub, and everytime I hit a bump, the connector to the WSS was moving or getting pushed against with/by the suspension on that wheel, and apparently briefly sending bad wheel speed data to the ABS module, and engaging traction control because of the data.

·
Registered
191 Posts
button in the glove compartment. BUT that also means you have bigger issues and your ABS and other items may not work right anyway. Even if you disable traction control, ABS and stabiltrac stays on. Will probably get errors still.
I have mine programmed to one of the steering wheel buttons. That way I can disable it when necessary without fumbling around in the glove box.

·
Registered
9,749 Posts
Stability Control was an option, so not every CTS has it. Whereas Traction Control was standard.

However, if you press and held the button inside the glove box for 5 to 15 seconds (I forget how long). Not only will it disable Traction Control, but it will also disable Stability Control. Both features will show "disabled" on the radio screen.

KOT

·
Registered
447 Posts
interesting to know. Found it in the manual:

If you press the TC button once, the traction
control system will turn off and the traction control
system warning light will come on. Press the
TC button again to turn the system back on.
If you press and hold the TC button for
five seconds, the StabiliTrak® system will
turn off. Press the TC button again to turn
StabiliTrak® back on. For more information,
see StabiliTrak® System on page 299.
You can program your steering wheel controls
and/or the buttons on the Base audio system to
turn the TCS on or off. See Reconfigurable
Steering Wheel Controls (SWC) (CTS) on
page 161 and/or “Configurable Radio Display
Keys” under Radio with CD on page 260 for
programming instructions.