Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRX
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today when I started to drive off I was forced to listen to a Onstar advertisement that suddenly started playing. I didn't hit anything to trigger it. After it started, I tried to kill it with the buttons on the wheel but nothing worked. It went like this:

"Did you know that Onstar can offer you turn by turn directions? … "
"Taking a trip? Onstar can help with that …"

It was very annoying. I looked thru the Cue settings and my account on onstar.com to see if there were any settings to disable but I didn't see any. Anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
You sure you did not hit the button by accident? Never had this happen.... Press the OnStar button and ask them possibly...:bulb:

·
Registered
2012 SRX AWD Luxury
29 Posts
Today when I started to drive off I was forced to listen to a Onstar advertisement that suddenly started playing. I didn't hit anything to trigger it. After it started, I tried to kill it with the buttons on the wheel but nothing worked. It went like this:

"Did you know that Onstar can offer you turn by turn directions? … "
"Taking a trip? Onstar can help with that …"

It was very annoying. I looked thru the Cue settings and my account on onstar.com to see if there were any settings to disable but I didn't see any. Anyone else had this issue?
I had this happen just yesterday. Started the car and some voice started telling me that my Onstar membership was about to expire and blah blah blah. Just another reason to let it expire as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
On a High Note.... :rockon: Thanks to OnStar informing me about a recall on the sunroof drain tubes, many forum members are getting hundreds of dollars refunded as well as getting the repair done for free....:worship:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts