Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to disable the headlight chime because anytime i use the headlight the chime just wont stop chiming and gets annoying after a minute. I've checked all my fuses and all were good except for which was if i recall correctly the ign-1 fuse 10 amp so i replaced that one and still the chime is there i tested all the fuses in the trunk and they all tested good. ive looked through the forums and saw this forum but no further details for a solution http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/electrical-technical-information/37250-94-deville-chime-wont-turn-off.html (also my gas shows the flashing e even tho yesterday i put 60.00 and the trunk/fuel door also doesn't work

·
Registered
288 Posts
not sure what year or model you have but when I Ieave my light's on and open my door it chimes to remind me my light's are on so I think Cadillac_al is spot on.
it thinks the door is open that would be my quick guess too. on mines it's a relay looking thing that chimes under the dash.

·
Registered
26,323 Posts
If the interior lights don't go out after the doors are closed (and the manual headlight switch is being left on), it's a door switch. If the interior lights go out after the for is closed, it's not a door switch.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i noticed that the headlight doesnt chime when the cigarette lighter fuse isnt plugged in but the minute its plugged back in it chimes

·
Registered
343 Posts
check your key sensor contact it may not sense key is in and if door open and key not in the chime will see the lights on.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
The only time it should chime is when the drivers door is open like others said. There's no way to disable it unless you cut the wire to the chime. Has any work ever been done to the car like aftermarket alarm or radio? Maybe something isn't connecting properly causing the problem.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
when the key is in the on postistion and the door is open the car chimes the lights come on when i close the door the lights turn off and the chime stops until i turn on the headlights then the chime comes on. there has been work done to the car remote start but this problem has existed before the remote start/alarm was installed. is there any way to have the cigarette lighter work without having the fused plugged in

·
Registered
2 Posts
when the key is in the on postistion and the door is open the car chimes the lights come on when i close the door the lights turn off and the chime stops until i turn on the headlights then the chime comes on. there has been work done to the car remote start but this problem has existed before the remote start/alarm was installed. is there any way to have the cigarette lighter work without having the fused plugged in
Did you ever find an answer to this problem?? Im having the same exact symptoms with my 95 deville base model.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts