Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the Dealer Replaced my Headlights - and when I picked it up I noticed what looks like smudges on the INSIDE of the lens... Its only really noticeable when the Headlights are ON. So when I brought it up to the Service Writer I was told that they come as a sealed unit, and that it will burn off/dry up. To me it looks like it needs to be CLEANED, but I would have to take apart the whole headlight to get in there...

Has anyone had this on their car? Any suggestions?? Its going back either way cause they didn't re-adjust the Headlights, so the Driver side is up in the air... But there not to stoked on ordering me another set, I guess they are 500 each, and were replaced under Goodwill. Thanks for the Help :thumbsup:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Wish I could help you out, I have never had this prob before and I have never been into the headlight. If it bothers you, take it back, Cadillac has always been super with customer service. I would be surprised it they do not replace.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wish I could help you out, I have never had this prob before and I have never been into the headlight. If it bothers you, take it back, Cadillac has always been super with customer service. I would be surprised it they do not replace.
Yea Im sure if it doesnt "dry out" they will replace, but Its just kinda strange, Brand New Headlights BOTH have smudges inside the Lens.

·
Registered
852 Posts
why did you replace to begin with?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why did you replace to begin with?
There was some Oxidation, pitting on the Top of the Left Lens... So I asked the Dealer if they could replace this under warranty, and they told me NO under Warranty but out of Good Will they will replace both Headlights... So I said OK. Even with the Smudges they look 100x better than the old ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts