Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have a 93 deville and want to replace the factory radio. may seen like a stupid question but what size is the DIN for this car? I want to get a radio in there that fits. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nevermind..found out caddy is 1.5 din (size of 1 and half radio) which really sucks because i have not found any decent 1.5din cd/stereos.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
question4u said:
nevermind..found out caddy is 1.5 din (size of 1 and half radio) which really sucks because i have not found any decent 1.5din cd/stereos.
I would go with a standard din they are much cheaper and they have more options, just get the adaptor to fit

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JJhomer83 said:
I would go with a standard din they are much cheaper and they have more options, just get the adaptor to fit
Can you recomend where I get this adapter? For the head unit and antennae? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
question4u said:
Can you recomend where I get this adapter? For the head unit and antennae? Thanks.
Walmart, bestbuy, circuit city, stereo shop, crutchfield.com, carstereoworld.com

·
Registered
2001 Deville; 1990 Brougham
1,519 Posts
If you get one from Best Buy, this will probably be the one they give you...

Cadillac Deck Image

Looks decent, unlike on my former Buick. Looks alright because the portion of the dash that holds the deck in is angled, instead of being totally flush with the rest of the surface, as was my Buick. See both pictures to see what I mean.

Buick Deck Image

Jacob Hoppe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts