Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one experience problems with their digitial miles going black and then an error messages being read most of the time? 91 Caddy Fleetwood Broughm.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NCGNETO90 said:
I posted a new thread like this. It happends to both my digitial miles and my climate controle. It comes up with a C and sometimes a D. It started to happen after i replaced my blower motor with one out of a eldorado. It might be the connection.

Oh ok thanks for the tip. I will look into it.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
My 1991 Brougham does that too. Sometimes it's on when you first start the car, other times it's off. Sometimes it shows the wrong number and it jumps around a bit or it shows Error and sometimes some of the numbers come on while others don't. It still keeps track of milage properly. Most of the time the trip meter isn't on at all but sometimes it is and works properly. In the service manual all problems like this come down to the digital dash itself.

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
brougham said:
My 1991 Brougham does that too. Sometimes it's on when you first start the car, other times it's off. Sometimes it shows the wrong number and it jumps around a bit or it shows Error and sometimes some of the numbers come on while others don't. It still keeps track of milage properly. Most of the time the trip meter isn't on at all but sometimes it is and works properly. In the service manual all problems like this come down to the digital dash itself.
Yes, that is exactly what mine does too. It does it randomly. Not at all because of temperature. I think its in the cluster itself.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Good to know! I have a few questions:

Would you repair the dash that we send in or would you exchange it for one already repaired?

How much would it cost to repair? Im in Canada also which would be a plus for me anyway!

On these cars, is the milage kept track in the dash itself or somewhere else in the car? I've been told before that it was both depending on the part#.

Thanks for the discount offer and welcome to the forum :welcome:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes we fix your original dash. The normal repair cost is $139 USD less $10 discount = $129 USD or approx $165 CDN. The actual mileage in these models is held in the cluster itself; so your dash will be returned with the mileage intact.

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
MrWhizard, have you read our Agreement? You are not allowed to post adverts on the boards, but it sounds like you could provide a valuable service to the members on this board. Please consider a supporting vendor subscription so that you can advertise on our boards.

EDIT: Thanks for becoming a Supporting Vendor! Your help is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
mrwhizard said:
Yes we fix your original dash. The normal repair cost is $139 USD less $10 discount = $129 USD or approx $165 CDN. The actual mileage in these models is held in the cluster itself; so your dash will be returned with the mileage intact.
Glad to have you on board. Thanks for signing up to be a supporting vendor love the discount. if i need your services i will gladly use your company

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
mrwhizard said:
Thanks for the answers! I'll probably get in touch with you in the spring when I'm driving the car again. I've been putting this off for a while but it would be nice to have working properly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts