Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1992 Sedan DeVille
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my newly acquired deville the other night when suddenly all of the digital instruments (speedo, fuel data, ecc) went dead. The whole thing was accompanied by a putrid smell of like... burning mouse nest?

When I turn the key to start it, the instruments will come on for about a second, but will be very dim and almost mmediately fade to black. Has my BCM gone bad?

I tested all of the fuses and removed the trim panel and glove box insert to check for any signs of trouble, but so far have come up empty-handed. :hmm:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did u fix this problem? I have the same issues...i think my ecc has gone out and bcm may need replacing.....plz help

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,659 Posts
Did u fix this problem? I have the same issues...i think my ecc has gone out and bcm may need replacing.....plz help
=======================
if you want help - you need to give us a LOT more - VERY specific information -
year - make and model of the car would be a good start -

the next step would be to check for DTC's = Diagnostic Trouble Codes -
depending on the car - you might have a built-in scanner -

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,037 Posts
Welcome to the forums! As posted, we need to know details of your car and DTC codes along with their definitions. Will definitely help to know if your car is pre or post 1996.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I seem to have a similar situation as lacboiclean. My 1994 DeVille, 4.9L, suddenly lost the lights on the dashboard and AC and heating function. Exterior lights work. Sometimes the "service engine" message is on. I checked all of the fuses under the hood and in the trunk, all are good. I looked at the wiring in the trunk on the back seat, but saw nothing that I can check. At 112,000 miles, I'm not ready to give it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts