Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Deville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
96 deville, the heater will randomly stop working and displays four lines, two on top and two on the bottom, the only way to get it to work again is shut the car off, let it sit for ten minutes or so, and sometimes when I start it theres still nothing, ive checked fuses, everything looks normal, also every now and then the speedometer display will read theft system problem car may not restart, and flashes a couple times then goes back to normal.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,292 Posts
96 deville, the heater will randomly stop working and displays four lines, two on top and two on the bottom, the only way to get it to work again is shut the car off, let it sit for ten minutes or so, and sometimes when I start it theres still nothing, ive checked fuses, everything looks normal, also every now and then the speedometer display will read theft system problem car may not restart, and flashes a couple times then goes back to normal.
===========================
the heater will randomly stop working

we need more/clearer information -

are you saying the blower stops blowing air -

or are you saying the air temperature changes -

----------------

check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes -
if you don't know how - go here and read the ENTIRE post -

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-deville-1985-2005-including-1985/138257-how-pull-codes-dtcs.html

if you have any codes - post them here -
ALONG WITH THEIR DEFINITIONS -

·
Registered
96 Deville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well when the heater stops working the air temp will obviously change... so yeah... the heater cuts out, the display for temp control show four dotted lines. that's it. I have no codes, havnt had the time to take it to an autozone to have any codes read, no check engine light though.

----------

sorry for the attitude, im really pissed that I cant figure this out, I normally have no problems diagnosing problems for this car, ive had it for 5 years and love it, ive blown the doors off many silverados and other random cars, today I raced a new Camaro, pulled right away from it no problem, 0-100 in no time, but when its February and -30 degrees out heat is really nice...

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,292 Posts
well when the heater stops working the air temp will obviously change... so yeah... the heater cuts out, the display for temp control show four dotted lines. that's it. I have no codes, havnt had the time to take it to an autozone to have any codes read, no check engine light though.

----------

sorry for the attitude, im really pissed that I cant figure this out, I normally have no problems diagnosing problems for this car, ive had it for 5 years and love it, ive blown the doors off many silverados and other random cars, today I raced a new Camaro, pulled right away from it no problem, 0-100 in no time, but when its February and -30 degrees out heat is really nice...
==========================
the heater cuts out
that is not enough SPECIFIC information -

I have no codes,
did you actually PULL THE CODES -
per the instructions in the link above?

havnt had the time to take it to an autozone to have any codes read,
you don't need to go to autozone -
or anywhere else to get codes read -

no check engine light though.
the CHECK ENGINE light is only illuminated for emissions-related problems -

today I raced a new Camaro,
pulled right away from it no problem,
0-100 in no time

ya - right -
remember WHO you are talking to -
we all KNOW what these cars are capable of -

·
Registered
2011 DTS Premium w/1SD | 1999 Deville Base (RIP @179K Miles)
404 Posts
Did you add an aftermarket radio to the car?

If not, it could be a faulty ground wire, instrument panel, or faulty wire from the IPC

Anyone know if the climate control module is separate from the IPC cluster?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts