Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi !

i have a 1983 Deville RWD and want to install digital gauges from the 1990-1992 Brougham in the car. Does anybody know what parts exactly i need ? (except the gauge unit)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
You don't want to do it! It's a nightmare.....

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
Its better to look at what Dakota Digital got and buy some you like and install their guages

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies. My buddy has digital gauges in his 83 eldorado and i like them very much, and i like the stock gauges more than the dakota ones. Maybe someone has a repair manual for the 90-92 Broughams or could post some pics, because I don`t think its too hard because i believe that they didnt change much between the 80-89 and 90-92 so (i hope :D ) that you only have to install the stock digital unit or a device where you install the speedometer cable and connect this to the gauge !??.....

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I don't believe there is anyway to drive the digital cluster without an aftermarket module. Your Deville wasn't intended to have that kind of cluster and therefore the ECM probably has no outputs for it. I'll review your schematic and see.

Ok, it looks like your car is desihned for a "non-digital" cluster. I'm not sure if the harness or ECM are the same as the "digital" cluster. You'd have to sit and compare the two harnesses and connectors. Plus, you will have to install a digital speed sensor since yours is mechanical. And you'll have to leave the original cable at least up to the cruise servo unless you don't want to retain cruise control.

·
Registered
83 fleetwood brougham coupe, 94 fleetwood brouhgham
14 Posts
I finished my 83 fleetwood coupe dash and seats (92 upgrade). very frustrating and time consuming as well patience , and a 90-92 cadi parts car is what u need.

i removed the frame on a 92 w. engine and complete undercarriage (rolling chassis)

removed the 83 frame
put on the 92 frame
changed gas tank
removed dash and put it in the garbage
installed new dash --- splice and connectors

wish i would have payed someone i can trust to do it but i dont know of any

·
Registered
1981 Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance coupe
33 Posts
Hey sj sharx4 I'm in the process of doing the exact same thing you did. Any pointers or things that you ran into that might have been avoidable ahead of time?
Do you have any pics?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts