Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Deville Concours
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My center digital dash out. So i took out the IPC and took out the chip with the screen on it. I found two black marks on the right corners of the screen...

Is this the reason that the screen wont display anything or is it normal for the two black marks to be there? By the way all warning lights turned on and fuel and climate displays still work, also car doesnt act any differently.

If i replace this chip will it affect my mileage???

·
Registered
Deville Concours
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When i said all warning lights turned on i meant when you first turn the key; and no the center screen does not illuminate when i go into the diagnostics mode. Thank you.

·
Registered
2000 Cadillac STS
133 Posts
When those two black marks turn white it indicates the vaccuum in the tube has been breached. These flouresent tubes need a high voltage signal operate, thinking it was the heater pins, not sure...been a while since the cash register repair days. Normally the tubes dont go bad, just get dimmer. If one or two sgments are out, normally the chip/flatpack is fried...all dead, the high voltage supply.
Doug

·
Registered
2000 Cadillac STS
133 Posts
I use an o-scope. The high voltage supply is also known as the high voltage invertor. Two pins on the display recieve the invertor voltage, they may be marked as heater or hrt. Not sure where the invertor is located on the Caddy. Look for a small transformer less then one inch square and maybe 1/4" high on the circuit board somewhere. You can google fluorescent display for more info on displays in general.

·
Registered
Deville Concours
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I replaced the chip with the screen on it with an IPC i bought off ebay. No problems at all now, and same odometer reading. Thanks for trying.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,835 Posts
Please see your own thread on this DIC problem here in Deville. We moved your posts from the overheating thread.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My center digital dash out. So i took out the IPC and took out the chip with the screen on it. I found two black marks on the right corners of the screen...

Is this the reason that the screen wont display anything or is it normal for the two black marks to be there? By the way all warning lights turned on and fuel and climate displays still work, also car doesnt act any differently.

If i replace this chip will it affect my mileage???
You mention the chip May I know we’re is it located and how it looks

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,835 Posts
The member that you quoted has not logged in for over 12 years. Please look at the dates of posts you dig up in order to get some idea of whether or not you'll get a reply. If you hover over a member's avatar you get participation info.

I see a yellow circle around a ? burn ? on his IPC circuit board chip picture in Post #1.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts