Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im just curiouse i know that the STS has the Wood gran shifter and wheel and the 300hp engine

and the SLS has the leather shifter and wheel and 274 hp
but
why did they pick the anmes SLS and STS trim line is there anyitng els that is difrant between the 2 of them

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THE STS IS BETTER. That's the difference.
from what i have seen its just more exspensive iwth some more exspensive and cheaper parts
first i dont understand how come the STS engine is cheaper than a SLS engine brand new not talkking used or anyting like that but new from the dealer
second what makes it better other than its price tag

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,119 Posts
My '02 SLS had wood shifter and wheel.

SLS = Seville Luxury Sedan. STS = Seville Touring Sedan. One leans more towards ride and comfort while the other towards performance.
The SLS also has a 3.11 final drive verses the STS's 3.73, thus the SLS has more low end torque and slightly better fuel mileage.

·
Registered
2000 Polo Green Metallic Cadillac STS 60K
787 Posts
The STS is basically the top of the line Seville. The STS comes standard with upgraded options that the SLS doesnt. For instance the STS comes standard with wood trim all around, the leather seats are different, the STS has a stiffer more sporty suspension, and of course the extra 25 pony's under the hood. The SLS usually doesnt have the lower trim on the outside of the body painted the same color as the car, but kept flat black. The SLS is still a hell of a ride, but its basically a watered down version of the STS.

·
Registered
2016 Honda Accord LX. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS
3,718 Posts
Besides the aftermentioned things, the STS is more of a touring sedan. It offers a more sporting ride and handling than the SLS, which is marketed towards people who want the ride of a Deville, but not the size. It really all comes down to what you want when buying a Seville. The prices of SLS and STS's are so close now most people end up with an STS and look down on the SLS because of less HP and features. By 2002 an SLS and STS looked nearly identical outside; the '98-'01 models had grey rocker panels on the bottom. The color keyed option became standard in 2002; the grille became standard bodycolor by 2003. Options for both became similar in the later years as well, and the only real telling difference was the perforated leather and full wood trim of the STS model.

However, in late '02 Cadillac offered GM's Magneride system (replacing the outdated CVRSS shocks and struts) on the STS and improved the handling greatly. Having recently driven one, I can say it is a huge improvement over the old system and has much less body roll than any other Seville I've driven. The tradeoff is a slightly rougher ride than the CVRSS.

Basically: if you want ride quality, buy an SLS. If you want something a littler firmer, buy the STS.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The STS is basically the top of the line Seville. The STS comes standard with upgraded options that the SLS doesnt. For instance the STS comes standard with wood trim all around, the leather seats are different, the STS has a stiffer more sporty suspension, and of course the extra 25 pony's under the hood. The SLS usually doesnt have the lower trim on the outside of the body painted the same color as the car, but kept flat black. The SLS is still a hell of a ride, but its basically a watered down version of the STS.
are you talking about the plastic modings at the bottom of each door ?
mine has those painted the same as the car color

·
Registered
2000 Polo Green Metallic Cadillac STS 60K
787 Posts
are you talking about the plastic modings at the bottom of each door ?
mine has those painted the same as the car color
Yeah. I think it might have been a optional feature but like Ryannel said GM started painting them the same color as the car standard in 02.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,520 Posts
Take a look at the sales brochures from 2000. The model differences are noted. Where do I find sales brochures ?? Google.

As Ranger posted, Seville Touring Sedan and Seville Luxury Sedan. Two different trim and performance packages. Basic Seville homework for anyone who owns one, and you, Pup from Cleveland, have asked the same question before. We have all been through the Northstar differences and the transmission final drive ratios as well as the suspension tuning. No reason to repeat it again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts