Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm new here. I've been a Cadillac fan for a year or so, and I LOVE Cadillacs. (I'm 16). anyway, i was looking at buying a cadillac DTS (06') in the future, but with the prics being as high as it is, i started looking at the older models. i came across the DHS when i was driving one day. i really liked it. i've been searching the web, but can't find much good info. my question is what;s the differences between the Cadillac DTS and DHS through the years 2000-2004? pics would be great if you want. but just info on the diff. would be great. thanks.

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac DTS Deville on Vogues and DTS Blades
605 Posts
welcome.
im glad to hear as young as you are you have great taste in vehicles...keep it up.

i have a 2002 DTS with 17 in stock chrome rims on white wall vogues. with sunroof, nav radio and 6 disc cd changer and im 23 yrs old so i think something like that is good for you.

From 2000-2005 DTS meant "Deville Touring Sedan"-it cams with more horspower, 300 ponies to be exact. It also had the center console shift, unlike the DHS which meant "Deville High Luxury Sedan", which has it on the column and came with 260 hp. DHS also came with a DIgital Dash (speedo, rpm, gas, etc...) Not a very good look, mainly made for old folks who cant see (no offense to the old).

DTS' had normal dashs with needlesetc, looks really clean and hight tech enough, almost looks like an LCD screen!!!. The DHS also had the options of having a rag top, gold emblems, and all that deepfried stuff. One major option that i would have like the DTS' to have that only the DHS' have is the retractable sun shades that go up and down from the rear window and reas passenger doors. Looks good with tint added....The Presidential op. The rest of the stuff, as in radio, nav, cd changer, sunroof, white wall vogues, onstar, etc.....could have been added by the buyer as options to any deville.

if you ask me, and you kinda did, id tell you to take the DTS. I did. the DTS has better HP and the overall look of it is better. youre young so the ragtop, gold trim, digital dash is not for you.

Questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
To elaborate on that, the dash in the DTS is multi-mode and can be switched between a very cool neon looking analog style and a digital dash.

DTS also means
Painted rockers
Painted rear license plate bezel
Blacked out side pillars
Fog lights
DTS wheels almost never chrome
Full console with floor shifter

Things in the DHS the DST won't have
Rear window shades
Rear seat lumbar adjustments
More chrome outside
Black rockers
Column shifter
Digital only dash

I think I may have missed a few things but those are the basics.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,099 Posts
I think the DHS has 275 HP, and it has the same analog dash as the DTS (Deville has the digidash). Softer ride and a little better mileage (3.11 final drive vs 3.71). It DOES have blacked out side pillars (at least my '03 does).

·
Registered
Cadillac
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all your help! I was looking at the 2002 DHS or DTS, but i like the DTS a little better. (the 300HP is great). I would look into the 04 or 05 models, but i don't really like the emblem on the hood of the car. i like it on the grille. thanks for the info!

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,099 Posts
I believe only the Deville has the stand up hood crest. DTS & DHS have it in the grill.

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac DTS Deville on Vogues and DTS Blades
605 Posts
i forgot to mention that my 02 dts has nightvision. this means the emblem on the grill is deleted to allow a clear an unobstructed view of the road. this makes the emblem on the hood actually become a flat badge instead of a stick up thing....very clean an sporty.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
Yes 275 not 260. DHS has analog ? Really? You sure someone didn't change that dash.

Blacked out pillars too? That may be, but the dash thing I think is off.

I think the DHS has 275 HP, and it has the same analog dash as the DTS (Deville has the digidash). Softer ride and a little better mileage (3.11 final drive vs 3.71). It DOES have blacked out side pillars (at least my '03 does).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts