Cadillac Owners Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
I've taken the write-up instructions from Lollygagger with the recent uploaded pictures, added the notes from ewill3rd, as well as the torque specs, and put everything together in a nice printable PDF for your viewing and printing pleasure. Thanks again for your write up!

Carey

Fantastic:thumbsup:

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I've taken the write-up instructions from Lollygagger with the recent uploaded pictures, added the notes from ewill3rd, as well as the torque specs, and put everything together in a nice printable PDF for your viewing and printing pleasure. Thanks again for your write up!

Carey
Looks so much better...good job!

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
6 Posts
If you want to rent a Ball Joint Puller, be my guest. What I did (and ewill3rd does) was use a 1/2" extension for a socket wrench BACKWARDS (so the opening was facing the threads/nut. I loosened (not removed yet) the nut and then put the extension on the nut and hit the ext. with a hammer. One good crack and the Ball Joint popped loose.
Does anyone know if a ball joint puller will actually fit in that location? I've been on my back trying to crack this ball joint loose for a few hours now. Damn rust bucket.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts