Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I squeezed under the V to spray WD-40 on the anti-hop bushings to quiet the creaking discussed in an earlier thread (which led me to see the leak I thought I had - and don't - so I got completely side tracked).

Anyway, it did not help. I keep pushing up an down from under the frame until I found the source (at least on mine). It's the white - teflon looking large washer like things that are above and below what I hope (from reading in here) are the cradle bolts for the differential.

The creaking seems to have disappeared completely (now anyway). It was getting worse and this nailed it. For what it's worth to anyone having the same issue.....

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V, Maggied '05 CTS-V, '07 STS-V
289 Posts
I believe the white things are the bushings that were added to stop the hop.:yup:

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Those are the ones. 3 days for me with no creaking.

·
Registered
591 Posts
My service rep at the dealership just told me this week that two other guys were complaining about "creaking" noises. They had the bushings installed too. I must be lucky .....so far no "creaking" noises from mine after a month of "Beating the Cubes". :suspect:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Some techs where I work mentioned putting a piece of cardboard in b/w the cradle bushings and the body to help w/ that creeking noise.

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
CTSVONFIRE said:
Some techs where I work mentioned putting a piece of cardboard in b/w the cradle bushings and the body to help w/ that creeking noise.

Is this the only suggestion to alleviate such creaking? :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think it's just suppose to keep the bushing from directly touching the body. At first I had the bmr anti-wheel hop kit and the spacer didn't stay center they would move around and cause a horrible creaking noise. So I took the top spacers out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts