Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a member of watch forums as well as car forums ,I have noticed some subtle differences between these forums .
To sum up in general , I have listed a few things .Feel free, if you have more things that strikes in your eyes that is not listed here

1- Some certain words used in watch forums quite a lot such as holy grail,tool watches .In car forums I have not seen any word like grail car, tool car
2- Is it safe threads
You may welcome to ask ,wtf is all about
Some watch buyers despite having 300M water resistance still keep posting threads about whether it's safe to wear their watches when washing hands, having bath

In car forums, there is not such a topic or discussion
3-What's on your wrist or what are you wearing today topics :

Almost every particular day this is asked , in car forums members don't ask what you drive on a particular day
4- The Source You Buy The Items From :
Some members ask what method of purchase you prefer and choose , Authorized Dealer (Official Car Dealer in car forums not Wheeler Dealer
) ,ebay or trusted sellers (vendors in car forums )
5- Stickers :
This stickers is about protective stickers or bands not the ones you put on your cell phones, notebooks or anything you own
Some members ask and fear to scratch their watches and would like to leave the stickers on but in reality it would do more harm than good .
In car forums you don't see cars with the protective stickers, bags on .
For instance : You don't wanna drive with the nylon bags on your car's seats

6- Nicknames :

Some watches have their own nicknames or monikers although I am not into these type of persons .
Rolex GMT MASTER II BLNR is called BATMAN
However, let's say W221 S Class Owners don't extrapolate a general name for their cars

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
I think there are some similar things to some of these on car forums.

Cadillacboy said:
2- Is it safe threads You may welcome to ask ,wtf is all about Some watch buyers despite having 300M water resistance still keep posting threads about whether it's safe to wear their watches when washing hands, having bath
"My OLM says 50% engine life left. Should I change it now?"

3-What's on your wrist or what are you wearing today topics : Almost every particular day this is asked , in car forums members don't ask what you drive on a particular day
Im sure there are threads like that in very high end vehicle forums. Can't drive your Ferrari every day you know. (And if you can, you probably have more than one to pick from :yup: ).

4- The Source You Buy The Items From : Some members ask what method of purchase you prefer and choose , Authorized Dealer (Official Car Dealer in car forums not Wheeler Dealer ) ,ebay or trusted sellers (vendors in car forums )
Many people ask/recommend where to buy parts from. There are also buy VS lease and "which dealer?" threads in the current model forums.

nicknames or monikers although I am not into these type of persons . Rolex GMT MASTER II BLNR is called BATMAN However, let's say W221 S Class Owners don't extrapolate a general name for their cars
A few people call the Eldorado the Eldog. That's not much of a departure from the actual name, but there are a few cars that have more interesting nicknames. The Nissan R32 skyline for instance, got the name Godzilla, after the "monster from Japan" began dominating in the Australian Touring Car Championships.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts