Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
None
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking a V that does not have navigation. It's a 2009, besides the obvious of no navigation, are there any other features it won't have? Will it still have Bluetooth? Don't care about the actual navigation that much, just wondering what else it won't have?

·
Registered
None
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car is across the country from me however it does have recaros and 6 speed which I really want. I haven't seen a single other V without navi so did not even think to check if it has it or not.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,840 Posts
Navi was an option in '09, if I recall. It was one of few available options. Truthfully, the navigation software is mostly outdated and you won't miss it. Don't let that sway you. Bluetooth, yes.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
550 Posts
What about backup camera?

Either way, I agree there's nothing possible that would make this a deal breaker. Anything associated with navigation could be easily added at your local car stereo shop - recaros and MT, not so much.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,177 Posts
Go out wherever and take a look and then drive it home. You'll have a blast.

·
Registered
cts-v
71 Posts
I wouldn't assume that NAVI can be installed after the fact; best bet is to call around local aftermarket shops and see if one is available. I know for a fact that a backup cam can be installed if it already has the actuated display. Also, I've read somewhere in this forum people installed later onstar/bluetooth modules to vehicles that didn't have bluetooth.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,177 Posts
I wouldn't assume that NAVI can be installed after the fact; best bet is to call around local aftermarket shops and see if one is available. I know for a fact that a backup cam can be installed if it already has the actuated display. Also, I've read somewhere in this forum people installed later onstar/bluetooth modules to vehicles that didn't have bluetooth.
I agree. Installing aftermarket NAV is almost non-existent and difficult from what I understand. Use your Garmin or Waze. Both of those are light years ahead of the Cadillac NAV system anyway. Bluetooth, on the other hand, is necessary. Like jduck said, there are lots of aftermarket bluetooth modules that are good, inexpensive and easy to install.

·
Registered
None
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well the car got sold out from under me, was ready to send a deposit on it and guy told me it was sold about 1 hr after telling me to send a deposit, oh well, back on the hunt!

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,840 Posts
PolishDude said:
well the car got sold out from under me, was ready to send a deposit on it and guy told me it was sold about 1 hr after telling me to send a deposit, oh well, back on the hunt!
That guy is bullshitting you. Sounds like he got second thoughts. You're gonna tell me that he didn't tell you that you were in a price war with another potential buyer? Seems fishy.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
There are other 6M's with Recaros out there. You'll find another one soon (probably with nav too). :)

·
Registered
None
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the car was on ebay but I negotiated a price less than his starting price. He said he sold the car for 2k more than I offered and the paperwork is getting overnighted but will let me know if it falls through. Oh well, luckily I am only looking for a unicorn! Only 2 manuals under 40k on ebay, autotrader, and cars.com ahhh, may just end up buying my friends M3 :(

btw this was the car:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-CTS-CTS-V-2009-cadillac-cts-v-sedan-4-door-6-2-l-/171710287802?forcerrptr=true&hash=item27fabb0fba&item=171710287802&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

·
Registered
14,177 Posts
Did you check out the Cadillac.com site for CPO's? I know they limit the search to about 500 miles if I recall correctly, but one of the GM Customer Service reps can help you.

·
Registered
None
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Problem is I am also looking to keep it in the mid 30s at most, I got that guy down to $34k which I think was a great deal for 6 speed, recaros, gmpp extended warranty for a year, new tires, corsa, etc.

·
Registered
14,177 Posts
Understood. You are right, a CPO probably won't be in that ball park.

·
Registered
None
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think I found the guy that bought the car out from under me on ***************, oh well, looks like he was looking for a little while more than I was, we will see, maybe I'll find one with all the options I want!

·
Registered
None
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well just put a deposit on a different ctsv, only two in the country under 40k with manuals, only one with recaros and this one also has navigation. No warranty but only 36k miles

·
Registered
14,177 Posts
Excellent. Where is it, and how far away are you?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts