Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
Cadillac
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain what changes were done. Hp/tq differences. I plan on running catless. Please someone clarify. Thanks :worship:

·
Registered
476 Posts
My understanding is that the first Gen B&B headers are "shortys" or short tube, which are approved by CA. I beleive the Gen 2 are long tube, which are not approved in CA.

Running without Cats is a dead end in my opinion. It is a myth that Cat removal frees up a lot of HP. That was once true with early Cats, but now one can buy high performance Cats that hardly are noticed.
Then there is the problem of when you remove Cats you are obviously tampering with emission equipment, and it could have some consequences. Emisison laws have been loosely enforced so far, but that can change overnight. Don't think so - ask Jesse James. It is so easy to do a visual inspection for missing Cats - any cop can do it; and cops can enforce any law including emission laws.

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
Shorties? well yes.

The newer long tube version extends the tubes past where the cat formerly was.

The tubes then have the collector and the cat bolts up to it.

Physically, the headers are the same length, just one had the cat as part of the header (early version).

·
Banned
Cadillac
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
damn, i iwsh someone had pics of both. I searched but couldnt find whether or not they were 1st or 2nd gen

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts