Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Seville STS
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone explain what the difference is between seville, deville, and eldorados?

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
637 Posts
eldo is kinda like a sports car same car as seville but 2 door
and seville is a full sized car. and i dont know much about the deville but it tends to be a cheaper car than the seville and eldo

also i know the sls didnt have fog lights but both eldo's (base and etc) have fog lights. i think the top deville has floor shift like the eldo and seville someone on here will be able to give u more in dept

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
The Eldo and Seville share some body parts, both are E body cars from GM. The DeVille is a C body. Also they are all spelled differently!!!

·
Registered
1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t
3,013 Posts
eldo is kinda like a sports car same car as seville but 2 door
and seville is a full sized car. and i dont know much about the deville but it tends to be a cheaper car than the seville and eldo

also i know the sls didnt have fog lights but both eldo's (base and etc) have fog lights. i think the top deville has floor shift like the eldo and seville someone on here will be able to give u more in dept
F.Y.I., the 92 eldo. base does not have fog lights, I have owned 2 of them.

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
All these comments on whether they have fog lights or not is a waste. The poster did not ask about any certain years.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
All these comments on whether they have fog lights or not is a waste. The poster did not ask about any certain years.

Why is it a waste of time?, he asked for differences in the different models,and one of the differences is that some have fog lights and some dont.

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
637 Posts
no. what a waste is to post a comment bashing on another
Why is it a waste of time?, he asked for differences in the different models,and one of the differences is that some have fog lights and some dont.
^^^^ thank you^^^^

·
Registered
99 STS, White Diamond
792 Posts
The DeVille was Cadillac's flagship six-passenger luxury car. Typically the roomiest and softest of the Cadillacs it also came in the most varieties, with the widest option list and greatest price range. Stylistically, the most common element was rear fins which remained at least vestigally in the tail lights until the last version when they only appeared in the Eldorado.

The Eldorado was Cadillac's showpiece coupe which came to define the American personal luxury car. It typically came with the most standard equipment and highest base price of all models. Two different trim lines were often available and it is sometimes considered the "sporty" Cadillac even if road performance wasn't... The last version finally added good road performance enhanced in the Eldorado Touring Coupe.

The Seville began as the "little" Cadillac when even the "small, sporty" Eldorado had grown to a land yacht in the 1970s. With front wheel drive, expanded wheelbase and a relatively low, wide stance it had a road performance advantage over other Cadillac models. Always well-equipped and powerful for the time, the base price was usually high and came to be the highest in the last version which shared body parts with the Eldorado. The last, most expensive version of the Seville was a failed attempt by Cadillac to produce a world-class touring sedan popular overseas. It was deemed too large with inconsistent quality.

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
637 Posts
i'll just never forget when i was dating this one chick in school her dad had a eldo and man i thought it was the sh!t hahaha

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
i'll just never forget when i was dating this one chick in school her dad had a eldo and man i thought it was the sh!t hahaha

I know what you mean,I had a 92 eldo about 5 years ago and then I sold it for my now 97 seville,it wasn't long before I started looking for another
92 with the 4.9, I regretted selling my 92,it took 2 years to find another 92,
I found one last fall with 88,000 miles in very nice shape,I drive my eldo more than my sts,it's more fun,I mainly use the 97 sts for long trips,
plus I trust the 4.9 more then the N*.

·
Registered
'98 ETC Black 90k miles
1,061 Posts
The Eldorado was Cadillac's showpiece coupe which came to define the American personal luxury car. It typically came with the most standard equipment and highest base price of all models. Two different trim lines were often available and it is sometimes considered the "sporty" Cadillac even if road performance wasn't... The last version finally added good road performance enhanced in the Eldorado Touring Coupe.
:yeah:

All except for that performance part. My 1998 Eldorado Touring Coupe (ETC - the higher priced model with more HP) has amazing road handling and maneuvers better than any other car I've owned (including a much-lighter Olds Cutty Supreme 1997). The Eldo has a very distinctive style. Others have called it the "two-door Seville". This is not quite right. It has the front of the Seville, and the ass of the DeVille. It's got slick vertical brake lights and though the cabin looks small from the outside, it's surprisingly large once you get in.

The Eldo was my choice because of it's style, and because of it's rarity. At least in my experience, there are far fewer Eldos out there than Sevilles and DeVilles, which makes it sorta special. It handles well, has all the features, and is roomy on the inside compared to any other coupe (and some smaller four-doors) out there. My sister used to have a 4-door Ford Contour, and my car is definitely bigger inside than that.

Oh, and it sometimes comes with a 12-disc CD changer (like mine:cool2:), whereas most Sevilles only came with a 6-disc.

Edit: Actually, the quote I mentioned did stick up for the ETC in terms of performance, so my bad. I guess the moral is that the tagline "The Caddy That Zigs" used for the CTS-V could have easily been used for the ETC as well.

·
Registered
2016 Honda Accord LX. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS
3,718 Posts
When the Seville STS was redesigned on the G-body platform in '98 it became a much better handling car than the Eldorado and previous Seville did. I wish GM had payed more attention to the Eldo and switched it over to G-body in '98. It would have been interesting to see how the design moved over.

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
Edit: Actually, the quote I mentioned did stick up for the ETC in terms of performance, so my bad. I guess the moral is that the tagline "The Caddy That Zigs" used for the CTS-V could have easily been used for the ETC as well.
The Caddy that Zigs was the ad slogan used for the Catera, probably the 2nd worst Cadillac after the Cimmaron.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,064 Posts
..............yep, "Catera, The Caddy that zigs". The program fell flat on its face.

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
637 Posts
The Eldo was my choice because of it's style, and because of it's rarity. At least in my experience, there are far fewer Eldos out there than Sevilles and DeVilles, which makes it sorta special. It handles well, has all the features, and is roomy on the inside compared to any other coupe (and some smaller four-doors) out there. My sister used to have a 4-door Ford Contour, and my car is definitely bigger inside than that.

well.
yeah all i ever see is devilles and sevilles but never eldo's some people dont believe me that its a cadillac

·
Registered
99 STS, White Diamond
792 Posts
:yeah:

All except for that performance part. My 1998 Eldorado Touring Coupe (ETC - the higher priced model with more HP) has amazing road handling and maneuvers better than any other car I've owned (including a much-lighter Olds Cutty Supreme 1997). The Eldo has a very distinctive style. Others have called it the "two-door Seville". This is not quite right. It has the front of the Seville, and the ass of the DeVille. It's got slick vertical brake lights and though the cabin looks small from the outside, it's surprisingly large once you get in.
While I never owned one, I've driven multiple Eldorados from the early 70s and early 80s on many occasions on different sorts of roads. The 70s version was the best by far on good highways and at 5,000 pounds floated over nearly everything, but like a boat it did not enjoy sudden shifts in direction and it was not enjoyable to drive on curvy, hilly roads; not unlike my
'71 Grand Prix--my '71 Chevelle was better than either. The 80s Eldorados were not as soft and handled better than the 70s, but were decidedly inferior to the '86 Thunderbird I owned at the time.

This is why I said that the Eldorado-the original was similar to the Corvette--did not always have true sports handling. Fortunately the last version went back to the root and handles very well.

·
Registered
1990 Seville STS 1990 Eldorado Touring Coupe
22 Posts
The Eldo was my choice because of it's style, and because of it's rarity. At least in my experience, there are far fewer Eldos out there than Sevilles and DeVilles, which makes it sorta special./QUOTE]

Agreed. Like manual trannies, the American public just doesn't want full size coupes anymore, and that is why most Caddys you see are Devilles and Sevilles. Sacrifice easy rear seat entry for style? I think not! Long live the Eldorado!
Steve

·
Registered
2000 Polo Green Metallic Cadillac STS 60K
787 Posts
Yeah I wish GM would have redesigned the Eldo when they redeisgned the Seville in 98. Could you imagine a sleeker, more rounded, F55 Eldo?! Wow!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts