Am I just an idiot

• Total voters
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 AWD ATS 3.6 Performance
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the hunt for coilovers for my '13 AWD 3.6, and there are substantially more options for coils for the RWD ATS. Not sure if I'm really up to spend a grand on a set of BC Racings when there are cheaper options. Why are there so many that are only designed for the RWD? Can I install them on mine?

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T 6spd manual Performance RWD
580 Posts
I think most kits are specified as being engineered for the 2.0T RWD, I guess companies just figured that was the one most people would be modifying since it had an available manual transmission and turbo/tuning potential. From what I have seen, most everyone who wants suspension on their AWD has resorted to buying kits specified as being for the RWD, whether V6 or 4cyl. I think lowering springs make the car sit a little differently front and rear depending on if its AWD or RWD, but with full coilovers you can dial in ride height so that's not a concern. That said, I would go for the full coilover option for your car. And yes, they should fit fine unless you have MRC, then I think that might complicate things but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
'16 ATS-V MT6 Sedan, Alfas: '67 Duetto, '84 GTV6 3.5L 24v/Vette C5 project
525 Posts
.... I think lowering springs make the car sit a little differently front and rear depending on if its AWD or RWD, but with full coilovers you can dial in ride height so that's not a concern. .... And yes, they should fit fine unless you have MRC, then I think that might complicate things but I'm not sure.
I was under the impression that MRC wasn't made available as an option for the AWD configuration .... ?

·
Registered
2013 AWD ATS 3.6 Performance
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For anyone curious, I was able to install coilovers that were "only designed for the RWD model" on my AWD. It's the same setup. Message me on IG if you have any questions!

@iudbaby

1 - 6 of 6 Posts