Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for you guys. If I go to an 18 inch wheel instead of a 17 inch will their be a difference in the smooth drive of the car.

I love the loook of the 18's but have been told if I go 18 the ride will not be as good in the car.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,974 Posts
When you go to bigger rims you trade rubber for metal. More rubber=better ride. Less rubber and more metal =harder ride. It's as simple as that.

·
Registered
2007 CTS
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Iam going back and forth between 17's and 18's. Anyone know of a good place to buy them online in Canada? A set of wheels with tires here in canada is $2600 and in the US the same wheels are $1500. Whata rip off

·
Registered
'04 CTS
43 Posts
Ride quality isn't just a function of rim size. The tires you buy make a huge difference. Trouble is, the tire industry still thinks that anyone with 18 inch rims must want a performance tire so ride quality is one of their lowest priorities. Fortunately, since 18s are becoming more popular on new cars, that should soon change.

Strud

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6DI AWD
932 Posts
someone *cough*urb*cough* got a little trigger happy and didnt realize that this isnt about the 08 cts...:thepan:

·
Registered
Cadillac
22 Posts
My new CTS has the 18" and I love the ride.. I love the nav too..

My eyes are all over on this car.. The front end has that mean agressive look to it.

·
Registered
N/A
1,103 Posts
18s with 245/45-18s and 17s with 225/50-17s have about the same amount of sidewall. Just buy nicer tires, don't go cheap and you'll be surprised how good the vehicle will still ride.

I have 235/35-19s on mine and I love the ride, its not harsh nor unforgiving over bumps like you might think, but then I'll credit most of that to the BFG KDW2s that I am using.

·
Registered
2004 SRX V8, 2008 CTS DI
91 Posts
Does anybody have phoyo's to share of the stock 2008 wheels that are availalble? I haven't been able to find the painted 18" wheel from the Y42 all season option package anywhere. Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts