Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shipped the cradle to DT today. It will be there next week. Thanks to you guys and Lindsay, they will have a complete cradle and differential to fool with. It will cost $440.00 + 20.00 (docs) to ship it. With the money received Im short $420. So Im putting up half (all right now).

So Pete Raimondi, if you are up to it, you offered to match some money. How about half of the shipping?? $210.

This is my albatross so nothing is mandatory .. my 2 boys are in college so im poor right now. :alchi:

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,621 Posts
I was wondering the progress on our diff solution.

Thanks for the update. :thumbsup: :dance:

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lindsay Cadillac said:
:hmm: I wonder how you got your hands on that... :hide:
Any opportunity to bust the weatherman's chops. He can have my diff if he wants a toy to play with.

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,621 Posts
I love the generosity amongst our members. Thanks to all of you that have stepped up and supported the search for a cure to our V's weak rear. :cheers:

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
:golden: Hi Marty:
I had asked via the forum that all members who would make a financial contribution to the Aussie Differential efforts that you had expended so much time and energy on to please email me directly as to what their contribution was going to be.

I did so for two reasons. One was to acknowledge "who" was actually stepping up to the plate. It is sometimes difficult to keep track of everyone with so many different threads and posts that head in different directions.

The second reason was for a bit of a "Reading Test". As most everyone will attest to; my "posts" are impossible to miss. They are usually large in size, color and at the very least long-winded!

I received a total of 7 member responses from the following individuals stating that they would be making financial contributions to the differential effort.

Those individuals are as follows:

• Richard Kratz; aka: "ntechnic"
  • Jerry Anderson
  • Tony Tirio; aka: "2004ctsv"
  • Bill Gillis; aka: "Wildwhl"
  • Jimmy D. Farris
  • Frank Chavez; aka: "VELOSE"
  • Dan Rosato
  • Dave in Cleveland; aka; "Florian"
While I'm sure there were many others who contributed to this effort, unfortunately it was only the above individuals that contacted me personally that I am able to publically recognize.

For those who also contributed on there own and did not contact me; I unfortunately cannot recognize your generous efforts, but am sure that Marty appreciates your generosity in helping to fund this effort as well.

My committment as a partner with Cadillac MotorSports was to match dollar for dollar; the monetary contribution efforts of our members up to a maximum of $400.00

If there was any excess funds at the completion of the project; I had requested that any excess funds be donated to that goof-ball Reed over at www.cadillacfaq.com. :worship:

Reed seems to be unemployed and has all of this free time on his hands to post all of this useless technical information on the CTSV to keep our "rear-ends" out of hot water! :lies:

The guy has to be "pan-handling" on the street corner to buy bandwith as I know he can't have any type of a regular job in spending all of the time that he does in posting all of that ridiculious technical information. :golden:

Anyway; I truly hope that everyone who did contribute will support that effort as Reed is truly a tireless worker and accepts no paid advertising to support his website that benefits all of us.

Without Reed's efforts; we would all have her thumbs up our "rear-ends". I personally cannot think of a more deserving individual.

So Marty; as promised to this effort I would request that you immediatley send me a Paypal "REQUEST FOR MONEY" noted as "Aussie Differential Fund" to the following paypal address:

[email protected]***********************​

Your Paypal request should be in the amount of $500.00

This contribution reflects Cadillac MotorSports agreement to match up to $400 of contributing member contributions plus my personal contribution of $100 to this effort.

I will look forward to receiving your Paypal request and the $500 will be forwarded to the Aussie Fund account immediatley.​

Thank you again Marty for spearheading all of the efforts that you have so far and an even a greater thank you to all of our members who contributed so generously to this effort.

Without your personal efforts and the support of our members; none of this would be possible. Sometimes it takes the efforts of many to move a mountain particularly when GM is on the verge of bankruptcy and any hope of a factory replacement recall is nothing more than just wishful thinking.

Any fix truly is in our hands!
[/CENTER]

best regards and thank you to everyone:
Cadillac MotorSports, Ltd.
Pietro (Pete) J. Raimondi, Jr.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lindsay Cadillac said:
Hey... What did I do??? :stirpot:
No big deal its just GT and his slow ass V complaining. He's probably having withdrawal because its been raining and he has to drive the Honda every day.:crybaby:

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pete, your'e a little slow to the dance. The shipping/diff is completely covered. Just a few bucks over. I will post a tally when I get to it. Any surplus will get split to the FAQ and this site.

Thanks to all that contributed. I hope this works out for us. We probably have $1400 in this adventure.

I will post last names or screen names soon (not both)...

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Pete,

WTG! Nice effort on your end there....Marty, thank you as well. With the thought of more HP in the future, I need to have some rearend 'peace of mind' knowing that there are viable options to choose from. Hopefully it will be close in dollar amount to the GTO rear (2,500) and not be a 5000+ Albatross. Nonetheless, Im anxious to find out the possiblilties.

F

·
Registered
855 Posts
Pete.....thanks for stepping up......very generous of you. From what I've been able to obtain from "these forums".......there's now three completely separate entities trying for a permanent fix....

Let's hope for at least one successful rear-end for 2006!!!

(That doesn't sound good.....)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts