Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
CTS 3.2
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

i was wondering, is the LSD from a 2006 3.6 CTS interchangable with the non-LSD in a 2004 3.2? and the CTS-V diff? what to look for? 3.23? 3.42?

and is the LSD really that cheap as GMPD suggests? last time i heard someone kill a diff (not in a CTS), he was out thousands!?

·
Registered
2006 CTS 3.6
142 Posts
Hi all

i was wondering, is the LSD from a 2006 3.6 CTS interchangable with the non-LSD in a 2004 3.2? and the CTS-V diff? what to look for? 3.23? 3.42?

and is the LSD really that cheap as GMPD suggests? last time i heard someone kill a diff (not in a CTS), he was out thousands!?
same line... can we swap the LSD from a sport 3.6 to a base 3.6?
what about STS Diff?

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
same line... can we swap the LSD from a sport 3.6 to a base 3.6?
what about STS Diff?
Are you saying you want to put a non-LSD into an LSD equipped CTS? Im guessing the other way around?

The STS and Saturn Sky/Pontiac Solstice uses the same basic diff. IIRC, they had a 3.91 LSD...

·
Registered
2006 CTS 3.6
142 Posts
Are you saying you want to put a non-LSD into an LSD equipped CTS? Im guessing the other way around?

The STS and Saturn Sky/Pontiac Solstice uses the same basic diff. IIRC, they had a 3.91 LSD...
Yes, i'd like to put an LSD on my CTS... better traction in the snow.
So, are you saying the diff on those car can be swap on my car?
Are there some electronics involve in that swap or is it just some kind of remove change and bolt on?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts