Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
09 CTS-V a tuxedo with a jetpack!
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been watching the Challengers 6-speed release to see the diff setup, and was surprised at the similarity to ours. I'm sure there are changes to the casing that have evolved resulting in a more durable design but a thought just tugs at me: Could it be the "rubberized" u-joint that is taking the punishment therefore relieving the diff from shock and destruction?

Just a thought. I wonder if someone can try this setup in a V to see the results.

·
Registered
cts-v
2,741 Posts
I have been watching the Challengers 6-speed release to see the diff setup, and was surprised at the similarity to ours. I'm sure there are changes to the casing that have evolved resulting in a more durable design but a thought just tugs at me: Could it be the "rubberized" u-joint that is taking the punishment therefore relieving the diff from shock and destruction?

Just a thought. I wonder if someone can try this setup in a V to see the results.
i can ask the getrag(sp) engineer at my job and see how similar or different it might be from the one on our car.

maybe he can even get me a discount on a unit for someone to try out

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
New day, new diff thread. :food-snacking:

·
Registered
cts-v
2,741 Posts
the guy i know is in the tranny department but the diff team is a whole seperate thing and he is waiting for feedback. the gears are different so far.... but thats easily known

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Tranny department. lawlz.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts